November 5, 2007

Dude, where are my TV shows?

Whoa. Last night, I actually got to watch a television show LIVE. You see, most shows get watched on the DVR and sometimes even a few weeks late. For example, I caught up on Chuck over the weekend and watched THREE weeks' worth of episodes. Anyway, I watched The Amazing Race last night and have to say that I am pretty psyched about this season. For starters, the teams are so diverse and different from each other that you could actually keep track of them. My favorites are the Ministers, the Goths and Brother/Sister Engineering duo (Azaria/Hennkedea?) I was even disappointed in the team that lost, I had looked forward to getting to see them.

While I am on the topic of TV, my little schedule quickly fell apart. On top of my usual routine, I could not keep up with all the new shows. Most were abandoned after two episodes or not even caught at all - literally it was Samantha Who? in our house and Aliens in America were not granted visas. The only new shows to survive the fallout were Reaper, Chuck, Dirty Sexy Money and Pushing Daisies. Oh, and Back to You, which is on the edge of being deleted.

Of course, none of this may matter since the WGA strike is on. Alan Sepinwall has a great primer on what the writer's strike will mean to those of that have a slight addiction to TV. Sob. Alan also provides a great link to the LA Times grid that shows exactly how your favorite shows will be affected by the WGA strike. Again, with the sobbing.

However, I will say that I do not blame the writers for striking.

4 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

1) Amazing Race was awesome last night. I too was bummed that the team that lost the challenge won't be on. They took it like champs though.

2) OMG - I am so making that for this week for lunches at work. Mmmmm. I'll report back to you. :-)

Shalini said...

I forgot to watch the Race! Didn't even DVR it...

You shame me with your 2 posts!! I could barely come up with one today.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Heroes and House are still on, which means Sendhil and Kalpen will be appearing on my screen weekly...no wrists will have to be broken, no car windows smashed.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Oh yeah, PS, SOMEone may not have watched Amazing Race last night but SOMEone heard the Seal song promoting and SOMEone MIGHT have downloaded said song and played it 7 bajillion times already.

SOMEone.