I cannot leave the house or go to bed when a lamp, washer, dryer or dishwasher is on. A variety of destructive catastrophes weigh heavily on my mind. The lamp could short out. The washer or dishwasher could leak. The dryer could catch on fire. It drives me CRAZY when X leaves any of these things on before we go to bed. Am I simply cautious? Or paranoid? I will let you guess X's pick of the two.
And yes, I would never, ever use a crock pot, which is precisely why I do not even own one. Leave the house with something COOKING on a HEAT source???? ......shudder.......
ME TOO! All of those things! I also run water over used matches before I put them in the garbage. And I'll go you one further -- I'm terrified when someone in a car throws a burning cigarette into the road. I have this fear that I could have a fuel line leak in my car and their cigarette would ignite it.
Now who's crazy?
YES, I do the same with a burnt match. Always, ALWAYS.
The fuel line leak fear is most likely the result of too many Hollywood movies. Maybe? Thanks a lot - I will probably need to add that to my list.
If I couldn't set the dishwasher timer to go on after I leave the house, we'd never have clean dishes.
As far as I'm concerned, as long as there isn't an open flame, it's all good.
How do you sleep at night knowing there's a pilot light on the water heater? (Hee!)
Not Really That Average Jane,
Since I have had a dishwasher actually leak and ruin a hardwood floor, that paranoia is a tad justified.
The water heater? I KNOW. I try not to think too hard about that. I was wondering who would call me on that. Of course, it had to be you. ;-)
I rarely leave a lamp on if I leave the *room*. My brain is a damn storage facility of every freak accident that has ever happened.
I know someone whose house caught on fire due to a lamp shorting out.
I won't leave toasters or small appliances plugged in.
I've not burned solitary candle since a friend's house caught on fire due to forgetting to blow one out.
I leave the dryer and dishwasher on but I think about it until I see all is safe and sound.
Last but not least, I'm waiting for my hair dryer to shoot flames while in use.
i have none of these fears... I will leave the house with the dishwasher running the washer and dryer going and the crockpot plugged in! I don't use lamps, but I do blow out candles!
I do have a carbon monoxide detector because K and I almost died of carbon monoxide poisioning in 1997. The fire department said they were amazed we survived. We were to be the first casualties of the season, in our brand new apartment. So yeah, that is the one that scares me!
Oh my God, I'm the same way! Anal much?
Post a Comment