October 19, 2005

How in the hell does Pamela Anderson sleep at night?

Warning: Ick Free Blog Factor has been temporarily suspended for this post.

I have always maintained that hot tears shed in a hot shower makes for an easier cleanup. I tested that theory at about 4:00 am this morning as I desperately took a shower to relieve the freakin' cantoloupes that have appeared OUT OF NOWHERE on my chest yesterday. OH MY GOD - THE AGONY. No one warns you this happens when your milk comes in!!!!!! In all the handy-dandy books, there is mention of "relief for engorgement" or some other bullshit to that effect. Anyway, my sister's milk always comes in really soon like this and she said it should get easier in a day or two. I think the hardest part is that I am a side sleeper/stomach sleeper. When you have rock hard breasts, there is no choice but to sleep on your back WHICH I CANNOT DO. Long, long night........

Also, take it from me because I learned it the hard way - if you are going to breastfeed and are going to pump. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS for the damned breast pump and STERILIZE it BEFORE the kid comes. I thought I had a couple of weeks to figure out the breast pump thing! It does not work out very well when you are already engorged, it is 2:00 am, and you are in severe pain. I am kind of laughing - kind of not.

Overall, everything else is going great - I couldn't ask for it to be going any better - at this point (Note: Subject to Change) the monkey is very easy to calm down and is easily sleeping in 3-4 hour shifts. Just like his mother, he is a heavy sleeper and is a pain in the ass to wake up.

Oh and where WAS the the little monkey during all the drama last night? He slept like a baby, while I cried like one.

No comments: