August 3, 2006

Are we there yet?

Nope.

We are sitting through the 2nd of TWO Thunderlicious Lightening Storms at Midway in Chicago. Our flight, thus far, is 3 hours delayed, nearly 2 of which have been spent on the PLANE on the RUNWAY in the STORM. Fortunately, Arun could give a rat's ass what is going on as long as one of us holds His Royal Hirsute Highness while he slumbers. Also, a shout-out to Sprint PCS Wireless is in order.

I can't help but recall the Reader's Digest article that I just read while coming back from Oakland. The very same article that detailed "Storm Safety" and included such maxims as not talking on the phone, avoiding tall trees, and taking showers during such storms. However, they didn't say anything about sitting in an enormous tube of steel. I guess the teeny rubber wheels will protect us, eh?

Awesome.

4 comments:

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of flying in and out of Midway. It's hysterical to me that Chicago is such a coveted hub because the weather ALWAYS FUCKING SUCKS. I flew out of Chi constantly during law school and it was always a headache and a half. There was one time when we were the last flight allowed to land right before a crazy storm. The two smoothest airports I've dealt with in terms of weather have been Los Angeles (year round) and Boston during summer, also pretty steady during winter except really horrible storms.

I flew the Southwest Midway-Manchester leg constantly for a few years. If it's any consolation, it's a pretty short flight. Take care and have tons o' fun in Boston!

Also, I forgot to mention something...Toscanini's in Harvard & Davis Square makes AWESOME ice cream flavours-like Saffron, Burnt Caramel and the like. If you are in the neighbourhoods, I suggest a quick pop-in for dealing with the hit. It's a Cambridge-Boston local chain but they sometimes sell some of the flavours in Whole Paycheck around there.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

HEAT. Gosh, I'm a dumbass.

Anonymous said...

We had the crazy thunderstorms here in KC last night too. Luckily, we weren't going anywhere.

I hate plane delays!

Anonymous said...

What a drag! When you get back, you'll really need a break from all the travel.

Thanks for letting me pick up your share of the community garden veggies this week. I made salsa with the tomatoes and one of the onions, marinated steaks with some of the savory, roasted the purple and red new potatoes, and ate half of the tropical melon for dessert.