June 7, 2006

When they say “Good things come to those who wait”, aren’t they really just getting the leftovers from the people who got there first?

So, this morning, I woke up at 5 am. Yowser. The only good thing from this is that Arun slept til 8:30am and it gave me ample time to try and clear off the DVR of all the old Antique Roadshow episodes before we have to send the box back to Dish. You see, we are flipping the Bird to Dish and going with Comcast. And yesterday, the nice Comcast lady said they would be here tomorrow - except she said that YESTERDAY, which would have meant TODAY, except that she meant THURSDAY, so um, well, I guess that would really be TOMORROW. So, I wasted the ENTIRE morning waiting for the Comcast dude that would never come.

Apparently, Standing is the new Crawling
He wants to stand ALL THE FUCK TIME NOW. It reminds me of that exercise/game we did in grade school gym class where you would take turns with a partner being a Board or a Noodle. And he wants to be the Board. ALL THE FUCK TIME NOW. Thanks goodness, he can’t pull up by himself yet since I still have to help him into the standing position.







Wait. Hold on. Except NOW, he CAN pull up by himself. He crawled under the coffee table to my feet and I thought, "Let's see what he's made of". Holy Toledo. SHIT. Immediately after I shot off some snaps of this Momentous Moment, he promptly fell over, bonked his head and in my effort to “save” him, then bonked his cheek. As X says “At least his head seems fairly flexible”. Um, yeah. Whatever.





The Devil Wears Nada

8 comments:

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

He is totally planning his next move in that last one. "Hmmm, to ambulate or burn down X and Cagey's house? That lentil soup had a bit too much cumin in it...BURN DOWN HOUSE IT IS!"

I have insane fears that if I ever produce a child it will be very cat-like and slither under the bed anytime it does something bad and I want to catch hold of it.

Rozanne said...

Is that the Ridiculous TV™ in the background?

Boutros said...

monkey, i'm going to have nightmares about a slithery cat baby.

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Monkey,
When Arun scoots under the bed, we just grab him by the tail....

Rozanne,
Yep - see how I wasn't kidding regarding how Ridiculous it is?? Our space/room is actually too small for it.

Boutros,
Slithery cat babies are under-rated.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Awesome. You have allayed my fears. And induced more coffee on to the screen.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Awesome. You have allayed my fears. And induced more coffee on to the screen.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you hear this all the time, but your little tyke has the most beautiful eyes!

:)

Kestrel

aibee said...

Whoa! You almost need to leave a warning when the scrolldown features so much cute.