June 11, 2009

What's in the bag?

Handbag Thursday [hānd'bāg' thûrz'dā]
-noun
1. A Canal Street knockoff of Jodifur's Shoe Friday.
2. A lame attempt at regular blog fodder by invoking my own accessorized day o' the week.
3. A frivolous little feature that allows me to talk about handbags every week. What's not to love about that?

--------------------------------------------

As promised, I checked out purses today while at the DMV. My original line of thinking was that this would be easy pickings - after all, I usually languish in the crowded waiting area for at least 45 minutes to an hour. Every.Single.Year. Today? The waiting area was nearly empty save for a few men and a pair of little old ladies. Furthermore, I grabbed a ticket which had a number that was immediately announced. The one time I needed to hang out at the DMV? Denied. Totally.

But, of course.

Fortunately, I spied a gal standing near to me. I happened to finish my business first and then proceeded to pretend that I was taking snaps of Anjali, when in reality, I was in serious need of some telephoto lens action.


Anyway. I really liked the colors of this bag, which is why it grabbed me. I would love to have a bag like this for knitting projects!

No comments: