February 20, 2007

Why does this shit always happen when I am pregnant?

“A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit!” - Carrie Bradshaw

The tree rats are back. Let me rephrase that - the fucking tree rats are back. Why us? Is our cedar shake roof some sort of Squirrel Siren Call? This time, it is only one and it is down in the chimney, except well, it isn't in the actual chimney, it is somewhere else that has something to do with our fireplace because I can hear the little fucker pawing and scratching away just above the fireplace.

For those of you just joining the program, the 2005 Squirrel Saga that happened a mere two weeks before I gave birth to Arun can be found at the following links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, and the grand finale Part 6.

DAMMIT. The last little fiasco cost us well over $600. I can't begin to imagine how they will get that little fucker out of our fireplace chimney thingie. I could cry.

Actually, I think I will.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE squirrels with a passion. They have ruined more tomato crops than I can count and chewed up more christmas lights than I care to remember. Thank goodness that our relatively large dogs keep them out of the back yard now or who knows what kind of havoc they would be wrecking.

I hope your problem is resolved painlessly and cheaply!ht

meno said...

I have three cats. Squirrels, moles, rats, voles, bunnies are not a problem. Unless you call finding them dead on the doormats a problem.

It's not a problem for me, i just call the Mister to deal with them.

Leah said...

That's just not fair. Not fair at all.

Jenny said...

During the squirrel saga of 2005 is when I started reading your blog, actually, because, damn, you were funny writing about that. So while I hate that you're so frustrated, I am kinda sorta looking forward to the posts about it.

Dee said...

Squirrels don't bother me so much. Mice on the other hand do. It really bothered me last night when I picked up Zach's potty seat and found one squished underneath it.