February 21, 2007

Isn't it lovely?

One of my favorite sites, Throwing Things, gave me some lovely linkity love yesterday. At first, I was positively thrilled - I mean, when a site that you've admired from afar for so very long (nearly 4 years now) acknowledges that you share space in the blogosphere, you get a little excited. Then, you realize that your big day in the sun links all those nice folks directly to a post you've just recently written about a squirrel in your chimney. A post replete with foul language. Go me! I'm too sexy for this blog now.

Anyway, my favorite Throwing Things story is this:
I went to a book signing that featured the lovely Jennifer Weiner, who also happens to be the wife of Adam Bonin, one of the co-founders of Throwing Things (his solo blog is what I actually started reading first). So, I wait in line for my book to be signed and when my big turn comes, what do I do? I get all breathlessly fangirl on her about Throwing Things. Yep, her husband's blog. I then get more freaky on her by trying to convince her that YES, her and Adam should totally try out for the Amazing Race. Totally! Anyway, I think my friend that came to the book signing with me was more than a little embarrassed. But I'll bet Jennifer didn't sign her book with a heart. Ha!

Anyway, I have a doctor's appointment today - my 20 week appointment. Be sure to check back later for such thrilling updates on things like heartrates, urine tests, measurements, and weight gain because OMIGOD, the excitement never ends. I can't believe I am already halfway there with NewKid. With Arun, at the 20 week mark I was thinking more along the lines of "I'm only halfway there." This gestation is just flying right by. Whee.

6 comments:

Diana said...

The second pregnancy really DOES fly, doesn't it? That 20 week u/s is such a wonderful milestone.

I've always loved your squirrel post, especially with the foul language. In fact, I don't see how it could be written without profanity.

Christy said...

I can't believe your 20 weeks either. It seems like you just announced that you were pregnant.

By the way, congratulations on the link.

Anonymous said...

Throwing Things must've updated the link, because now it just generally links to your blog, not the squirrel post in particular.

That's the first time I ever went over and read his blog and I have to say... the first post I read being about both Gilmore Girls and its errors in discussing patent law now has me hooked.

Scribbit said...

That's good-for me the first one was fast the others dragged.

Thanks for the link to THrowing Things, I'll have to check her out.

Lisa said...

Wow your halfway through your pregnancy? Where did that time go? Also, I have to check out Throwing Things. Congrats on the linky love.

Anonymous said...

It was fun to get some ALOTT5MA love wasn't it... if you look back to when I started blogging about 1/2 of my posts are cyberstalky posts basically describing how I started blogging because of a dual fandom for the Weiner Bonin family. I can picture myself doing exactly the same thing!!