- The comment spam is getting to me. I hate to turn word verification back on, but I hate to let comment spam linger out there. It's bad enough that all old comments were lost when I shut down Haloscan commenting, so it looks like crickets are chirping away on those old posts, but to have comment spam on them is just sad and pathetic. I've shut down comments on a few posts that were hardest hit, but I would think that is confusing to get OLD posts in Bloglines and Google Reader - unless you would really like to read all about NippleMunch 2005 again. Opinions? Should I just leave comment spam up? Should I turn on word verification? Should I get a life?
- Regarding shoes - thanks for all the opinions! I am definitely going to live a little and go with the red. Which will be my ONLY pair of red shoes. Sad, eh?
- Regarding the rocker, Flybunny spurred my memory of a place near Lawrence. I am also going to hunt antique malls. Estate auctions are a great idea, but not really feasible for me right now with Arun in tow.
- Whenever I've mentioned my two book clubs, I've had so many people here pine wistfully for one. I do feel fortunate that 1) I have a group of friends who read and 2) are willing to meet in person periodically. Both of those things are sometimes hard to find. I am thinking of starting something on-line. It would work like this, I would pick a book (say Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf, which I am considering) and state the date we would discuss it (say March 22nd, which is 6 weeks from now). I'd leave that post up as the most current one Thurs-Mon for discussion in the comments - that would cover the folks that use work for blogging AND the folks that use the weekends to blog from home. What do you think? Am I crazy? Is this already being done? I've seen on-line book clubs before, but none open to anybody and everybody who wants to pop by and make a comment.
- Is anyone else bothered by this knife set? I actually saw this featured in Redbook with verbiage that said "This kitschy knife set will be to him what the "You know better" look is to the kids: a reminder of what you'll do if "baby" goes a little too far." I was shocked when I saw that and read it twice. How offensive! If this was featured in a men's magazine, people would be UP IN ARMS - probably, even Meredith Viera would jump on this bandwagon. Anyway, shame on Redbook.
- Warning: Cute Kid Stories heading your way...... Arun is full-swing imitation mode, which of course is very fun. The other night, we were watching 30 Rock and as Paul Reubens was sputtering all over his birthday cake, blowing out the candles, Arun starting walking around and sputtering away, too. I also declare Toddler Dance Moves to be the cutest EVER. I call it The Bob because they bob up and down on their knees.
- Speaking of 30 Rock, if you don't know what I am talking about, why not? That show is definitely a worthy successor to the Arrested Development throne. The recent episode with Paul Reubens was GOLDEN. It also reminded me of the Alec Baldwin/Paul Reuben's connection on Pee Wee's Playhouse. Anyway, great show.
- When Average Jane was over here last, her hubby played Arun's drum for him. Now, Hubby is a VERY good drummer and Arun actually got scared. However, now Arun is a little obsessed with the drum.........
Little Drummer Boy