February 21, 2007

Truel-nervous-very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am:
but why will you say that I am mad?

Bonus points to whoever guesses the obvious source of the quote from the post title.

All joking aside now. No one in their right mind, no matter how cynical or sarcastic would enjoy hearing an animal scrape its way to a sure death. The thing is, there was NO saving it. By the time we would have gotten a crew out here to tear apart the chimney setup, the squirrel would have been dead anyway. When he is gone for good, I'll start the fires going. The Critter Guy said that will help send the smell up the shaft via the rising hot air. Good thing I love incense, eh?

Just Monday I mentioned how boring my life was and how that was a luxury. A luxury that I do appreciate when it happens and I meant it. This has shaped out to be a very, very crappy week - crumbling teeth, dying rodents, heartbroken friends and a myriad of other things that I can't discuss here right now (maybe in a few weeks).

This week is precisely why I love, LOVE my 30s. If you were smart and mature in your 20s, then bloody good for you because I sure as hell was NOT. I was an utter fool. I had no Perspective and a week like this one would have had me curled up in a ball on my couch. But now I know that all these crummy things will pass. My husband, my toddler and my baby are all in good health, as am I. We have a nice life and a comfy home (which will soon smell, but even that'll pass). It's nice to have Perspective. I highly recommend it.

That said, please excuse me while I go have myself a good sob anyway.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP little squirrel - sad, but for the best. Bring on the air fresheners!

That's life, full of good, full of bad - and a good long sob never hurt anyone. *hugs*

Scribbit said...

Poor squirrel. What a way to go--kind of a reverse "Murders in the Rue Morgue" thing.

ANd I agree about aging. I love my 30s. So far.

Mamma Sarah said...

Sorry to hear it's been a rough week, but like you said it will pass.

I'm not sure about the aging thing as I'm going to be turning 29 in March. Kinda nervous, but excited at the same time. You seem to have it together!

Leah said...

The little squirrel is going to a better place, where there are not chimneys.

And have a good cry. Those bitch pregnancy hormones made me cry regularly even when I had no reason, so at least you have an excuse!

Goofy Girl said...

Re: quote...I'm guessing the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. It's a WAG.

Christy said...

Go have a good sob. That always makes me feel better.

I hope things improve quickly.

Anonymous said...

Perspective and sobbing are not mutually exclusive, sob away. If I were you, I'd add in a healthy dosage of carb loaded junk food, but that's just how I deal.

Md. Macaca said...

Man, now I feel like my 30s are the promised land. Either I'll be as happy as you are, or I'll be a cat lady. A single cat lady, who cooks for one and screams at the neighorhood kids through the window.

Blondie said...

Yes yes yes, 30s, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)