February 5, 2007

Whose shoes?

I am a liar.

That's one of my favorite strange loops. Ever. I said I'm a liar, it must be true. But..... I just said I am a liar, then I must be lying when I say I am a liar. Hey........wait a second....

AnyWAY, I've laid claim to the notion that I don't like shoes all that much. That's not entirely true, it may be even a bit of a lie. I adore casual shoes and every summer have to talk myself out of buying yet another pair of sneakers or sandals. This is much, much more difficult now that my wardrobe is pretty All Casual, All The Time. Normally, I'm a Keds girl, but I received an LL Bean catalog in the mail and I am currently totally besotted with a pair of sunwashed canvas slides. Which I don't really need, except that I am going to be pregnant, then post-partum this summer. And GEE WHIZ, wouldn't it be convenient to have a pair of sneakers that I can just slip into as I am wrestling a toddler and a newborn? Will I really have TIME to bend over and TIE shoelaces? I think not, Internet. I haven't decided between the sage and red color - opinions, anyone? Sage would go with everything, but damn, red would be fun for a change. I am terrible about only buying black, brown and neutral toned shoes (and clothes, for that matter). Anyway, I've never purchased shoes over the Internet before and that is the part holding me back.

As a peace offering for the boring posts about music and shoes, I offer up some Simian Snaps......

A Suitable Auntie

Monkey sent a gift! With Lots! Of! Parts! Believe you me, she is the most popular Auntie going in our house right now. A toy with basic shapes, a magnet and AND wheels? She's golden.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty

Don't let his demeanor fool you. He's guilty.

Green Eyed Monster

No Bogeyman here......Just a Boogerman......

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I vote for the red shoes - they'll be so cute for summer.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with shoes and clothing-- I always buy pants/shoes in black, beige and brown. Sometimes I get a little crazy and buy a pair of *gasp* white shoes/ skirt and even that makes my head explode a little. I just saw the most gorgeous red polka dot wedge sandals at Payless and I'm tempted to plonk down the 20 bucks and get me some '30s glam.

Anonymous said...

Now those are some cute shoes. I also vote for red. I am looking for some comfy shoes for this summer, I might have to look a little closer at these

Anonymous said...

I say red, although sage would match Arun's eyes better.

Anonymous said...

Arun's eyes are just incredible. Must shut up about his eyes now. But.. staring.. hypnotised.. fwee!

Mamma Sarah said...

I love slip on shoes and don't know what I would have done with out them! I'd vote for red!

Diana said...

You know what I'd say: Get them both. (If pushed to the wall, I'd put the red ones first, but sage is lovely and goes with everything.)

Her Bad Mother said...

SLIP ON SHOES WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE.

Run - don't walk - to that catalogue and order six pairs. DO IT. Your intuition that your life will be made much easier by the elimination of the need to bend over to deal with your footwear is laser-spot-on and you must act on it.

I would not have made it through my summer pregnancy without comfortable slip-ons, and if I could have gotten away with (read - not lost toes to hypothermia) wearing them in the winter with the baby I would have done so in an instant.

What are you waiting for? GO. Order.

(And omg the eyes and the hair on that child.)

Finlands finest said...

I say get the shoes!! Why not go for both colors?? Splurge, you are pregnent after all. :) You deserved to be spoiled!!

Rozanne said...

Slip-on shoes are the best!

Post a pic if you decide to get them.

Jenn said...

Those green eyes still goin strong!! Seriously, I tell people about his eyes, they are just THAT awesome!

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Arun has cat eyes. Big and multi-coloured.

One day Bausch and Lomb will give us a piss-poor version of his colour, lol.