February 2, 2007

Who moved my cheese?

I'm embarrassed to admit I am starting to have an issue with this manchego cheese. It's a spanish cheese with a slightly sour, nutty aftertaste. Basically, it's a bit o' heaven aged to perfection. However, it's fucking expensive so I've been hiding it from the men in my life. A toddler has no appreciation for a fine cheese when Kraft will suffice and X has a tendency to leave cheese unwrapped and opened in the fridge. I buy X his own cheese and vow never to look too long or hard at it.

However, my little boy? He's got his mama's taste in cheese. The sly kid keeps swiping my nice cheese off my plate despite my insistence gestures that he eat "Arun's cheese". The little stinker is probably well aware that I'm such a sucker for gemstone eyes.

Note from Management: Yes, I am posting a lot over the next few days. For new kicks, I am trying out a "steam of consciousness" style of posting. It's actually fun to write, not sure about the reading part. Bear with me. It'll soon be over.

11 comments:

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Whole Paycheck tends to be generous with the cheese samples...in convenient toddler sized bites. Just sayin' hehe.

Got your emails...was going to respond last night but I broke the garbage disposal and then spent 10 minutes screaming (you know those metal desi cups? The garbage disposal sucked one in and now it's stuck down there!) in an angry-at-self Tracy Flick moment and then went to bed.

However, got your latest email this morning and I was considerably perked up waiting for the plumber. Squeals of delight! Yay, give Arun a kiss from auntie monkey!!!

Dee said...

Just thought I would let you know that I like the short "steam of consciousness" posts. They are easier to sneak in when I'm supposed to be working.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

I second Dee's comment. I like the multiple posts thing. Sometimes I loose interest on the longer posts (not yours, but other bloggers).

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Decent cheese is tasting like old sweatsocks to me during this pregnancy. Not that I'd know what old sweatsocks taste like.

Anna

Scribbit said...

I understand, I keep shrimp around for a low cal snack and the kids want to raid my store. Heathens! They wouldn't know a crustacean from a crust of bread.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

You are speaking my language, lady...I love me some cheese;> Now, you'll not only have to hide it but eat it in secret...silly kid, he should know the cheese isn't for kids.

Bethany said...

I like the short posts. I like the long posts. Whichever you do, I'll read 'em.

Mamma Sarah said...

Your "steam of consciousness" posts are great. Gives me a reason to check back frequently.

Mmmmm... cheese. I dont' care what it is... it's all wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the stream of conciousness posts, particularly when they involve tasty cheese.

Diana said...

Manchego = Heaven. I'd hide it for myself, too.

Anonymous said...

God.. Manchego. It's like heaven on a plate. I love Whole Foods cheese samples. I totally think it's worth buying a quarter pound of expensive cheese and hiding it in the fridge. I eat it when no one is around (or when everyone's napping).