- I entered my "goals" post from yesterday in Scribbit's Write Away Contest (contest link is here). Check it out! The deadline is January 20th, so there's still time left.
- While I am not a huge fan of the semi-department store Kohl's, I do love, LOVE their Kohl's Cares for Kids program - over the years, I've gotten Dr. Seuss books, Eric Carle books, etc. there for a whopping 5 bucks a pop. Now? They are having a Sandra Boynton dealio and WOW, it's worth it. They are selling Rhinoceros Tap, Philadelphia Chickens and Dog Train CDs with a nicely illustrated book, plus all the associated stuffed animals to go with them. Anyway, I had JUST researched these on iTunes last week, so to get each one for 5 bucks each is a steal. I almost felt bad. Almost.
- The gym went very weird this morning - those of you in Kansas City know we are in the middle of a rain/ice/sleet/snow storm right now. As I headed out to the gym, I realized the roads were getting bad, but thought we would just run to the gym for a quick trip. As I pulled into the parking lot, I realized I did not even have an ice scraper in the car for the inevitable sheet of ice awaiting us when we would be done. We go into the nursery and it becomes quickly evident they are short-staffed because of the weather - the gal in charge had one crying kid in her arms and another clinging to her legs. Of course, as I was signing in, Arun started crying and I realized this was going nowhere FAST. However, while my workout was a Lost Cause, the trip overall was not. I ended up hanging out in the kid's gym with Arun while he ran around, tried to climb the slides and threw basketballs around. So, I didn't get in a workout, but Arun is definitely getting used to the gym. However, he was NOT happy when we left the gym.
- Speaking of "not happy", Arun is getting teeth #5 and #6. My friend S and I have a long-standing joke where I have been saying that Arun is "teething" since he was six months old and all we have to show for it is a total of four teeth. Well, this time he is really teething because I see ACTUAL choppers emerging on his gum line. Take THAT, S! Anyway, it hasn't been that bad, but I do feel sorry for him because he isn't napping or sleeping at night that well. Poor kid.
- Anyway, happy de-lurking week. I am still visiting your sites and trying to comment myself. Have a good weekend! I am going to my Wino Book Club tomorrow. A book club that has consistently had at least one pregnant member since the 2nd meeting. This time around, we have THREE pregnant members. It must be all that wine.
January 12, 2007
What says "de-lurk" better than a bullet in yer face?
Loads of rambledly goodness for you.