Apparently, there is some thinking going around that blogs are lame and narcissistic - who knew?? Of course, my blog is egotistical -- it's MY blog and it's pretty clear it's about ME. Seriously, I'm all over that concept known as "self-love" (batteries not included). Anyway, with perfect timing, Marilyn tagged me with a meme and you KNOW how I love a good meme.
Therefore, to celebrate the narcissism that is The Blog here's a meme that's all about ME. Who cares about you?
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was working for a public accounting firm in St. Louis. I moved there in March of '97 and hightailed it back to Kansas City by November of that year. It was the most miserable 9 months of my life. Some dark days were to be had during that time that I lived in St. Louis and it has made me leery of moving again.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Apparently, cursing like a sailor while eating at fine dining establishments. I'm a classy broad like that.
Five Snacks You Enjoy
1. Sunflower seeds
2. apples (Braeburn or Cameo) and cheese (gouda, parrano or manchego)
3. Cadbury Fruit n' Nut bar
4. Kashi granola bar
5. raw, unroasted, unsalted cashews
Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Millionaire
1. Set up trust funds for my kids, nephews and niece.
2. Find some libraries in need and set them up with new/more books.
4. Totally revamp my ancient baby Steinway that needs muchos dineros for repairs.
5. Fix our house the way I would like it. I'd totally go HGTV all over its ass.
Five bad habits
2. Too much coffee
3. NO PATIENCE
5. Letting the clutter take over. One of these days, I'm going to lose a child or a cat to it.
Five Things You Like To Do
1. Cracking the spine on a newly purchased book
2. Sitting in my yard - front or back. Literally. I LOVE the feel of cool, green grass.
3. Traveling (I haven't been on a plane since January and I think I'm getting hives)
4. Browsing in a bookstore - new or used. No purchase necessary, just being there is enough.
5. Trying out new restaurants.
Five Things You Would Never Wear Again
1. purple and red velour. Maybe red. Maybe purple. But never, ever purple AND red again.
2. a wedding dress. Bleh. Over-rated.
4. short shorts
5. maternity clothes! Countin' the days.....countin' the days.....
Five Favorite Toys
1. My computers (do I have to choose which one? They are both special in their unique ways!)
2. My DVR
3. My Treo
4. My car
5. My knitting needles