June 21, 2007

What more could a girl ask for?

My Big Fat Behind
I heard through the grapevine that Friend 1 told Friend 2 that she thought I was depressed. No, I'm not angry, just irritated with this statement because then I had to field "Inquiring Minds Wanna Know" questions from Friend 2. No, I am not depressed - quite the opposite. I am SO excited about this little girl and I am READY. I suspect Friend 1 simply misunderstood my current state of feeling overwhelmed. I feel as if I am drowning in Social Obligation. Let me tread lightly, though - I am NOT complaining. How lucky am I to have so many friends and family members with whom I need to catch up? Right? However, the theme of my life is Behind. I am behind on phone calls. I am WAY behind on emails. I am behind on some social calls I need to make. I am behind on a few household projects. It doesn't help that I am pretty dog tired these days and would rather just hunker down with X and Arun. I'd rather save my energy for taking Arun to the park or chasing him around the house or lying on the floor crashing cars together. Truthfully? That's pretty much what I've been doing lately. The bad part is that I am truly failing some of my friends and family right now. I know what the answer is, though.

The State of Our Union
X and I got married 4 years ago on this day. The longest day of the year. I like that our anniversary is on the summer solstice. For no particular reason - I just like it. While it would be easy to wax melodramatic about this past year with an unexpected pregnancy, with X leaving a company that we both poured our hearts and souls into and with us now starting up a new business - I'd rather not. Life is life. You know? Like any marriage, we have our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, I'd rather be with no one else but him. Damned straight - no one else can drive me to a white hot fury like he can. No one. But no one inspires me like him, either. No one. His incredible strength of character continues to blow me away. And that's what it's all about.


The Results of our Union Aren't So Bad Either

I took Arun to a local park to try and get some good, "print-worthy, send 'em to the family" snaps. I mostly ended up with this:


OR THIS:



The Incredible Hunk


It's a Bug's Life


Smirk



15 comments:

meno said...

Happy Anniversary! That's the way it is, in a real marriage.

And Arun is so cute i want to bite him.

Rozanne said...

Happy 4th Wedding Anniversary!

Arun looks so grown-up when he wears a shirt with buttons (even if it is a Hawaiian[ish] shirt).

I say send the relatives the bug-eyed photo. Too cute.

Moderndayhermit said...

Happy Anniversary!

Awesome pics, he's so darn adorable and he looks so grown up!!!!

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Happy Anniversary to you and X!!!

Anonymous said...

Okaaaaaaaaaay...my coworkers think I've lost my mind in here. I completely burst out laughing at the "bug" shot! So funny! That is probably the most photogenic child I have ever seen!

Hang in there -- only do what you can do, and everyone will understand!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!!

Goddess said...

he is really adorable in a I want to eat him up, kind of way. I miss having kids that young. And the whole rumors among friends thing happens all the time...remember it's out of concern, not malice.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Happy, happy anniversary!

Mojavi said...

Just so you know I didn't mean depressed as in your sad upset or anything I meant that you were having a hard time with the end of pregnancy ETC... overwhelmed getting ready all that.. It was not a comment to mean you were upset or needed medication etc... We are all that way at the end of pregnancy... AND furthermore if you want to make a statement about me Just CALL me and don't put the shit on your BLOG so passive aggressive.........

Mojavi said...

Just so you know anything I said was said in love for you..... guess you don't get it.

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Mojavi,
I will give you a call this weekend. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I am sorry you took it that way.

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th anniversary! It's damn near impossible to feel romantic in those last weeks of pregnancy, but I hope you at least have a nice dinner together.

Love the bug eyes - busted out laughing! He made my day!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary-- and thanks for the honest, non-sappy portrayal of real relationships :-)

Anonymous said...

I won't ever forget your anniversary now as the 21st is my Mom's birthday - what a great day!

I love the pictures, count me as just one of his many many adorers!

Me said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe it's been 4 years already. You two make a great pair (and a great pair of kids!)

I'm kind of glad you're behind - it makes me feel less guilty for not calling lately :-) If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone in your behindness. It's my constant state.

Anonymous said...

Its not like your friend gave you some clinical diagnosis. No need to be so sensitive about it. She was probably just commenting out of concern. At least you have friends around you who actually care. And maybe if you weren't so busy posting blog entries every 5 minutes, you'd be caught up on your phonecalls, emails, social calls, and household projects.