June 22, 2007

Care to dip a toe in my baby pool?

Baby Pool
I know, I know........I keep mentioning this whole “I’m having a baby thing” like a tiresome broken record - I'm obsessed. I am due to give birth in less than 2 weeks and by 7/13, at the very latest, I should have a wee one exacting her revenge. As such, I thought it would be fun to have a Baby Pool, so I have set one up over at the BoobLog - details are over there. I apologize for the fact that I am WAY too lazy to set up a 2nd contest over here.

Ketchup
I did very well this weekend - I sent out a slew of emails and made quite a few phone calls. I read quite a bit and even knitted a bit on the NewKid's blanket. I also caught up with a TON of family, so I feel pretty good. It was a Great Aunt and Uncle Bonanza, let me tell you. Although, I have to admit it made me a little sad to think of us potentially moving. Here I was with my Resolve All Stiffened Up, and then I watch Arun gleefully hugging and kissing my great aunts and uncles - to their sheer delight, of course. It made me a little sad to think of my children not knowing my grandma's siblings as well as I do. My great aunts and uncles were very important to me growing up and Arun's middle name is that of my oldest great uncle.

A Magically Delicious Cerebral Venus Book Club Meeting?
Um, I had a CRAZY idea over the weekend. What would everyone think of discussing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for our next book club meeting? I was thinking this - the book is released July 21st, we could discuss it Monday, August 6th. That is a little over 2 week's worth of reading time which even includes 3 weekends. What do you think? Be honest if you are not down with it.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the book club idea! After all, we'll all have read it by then anyway.

Christy said...

Being far from family is hard, but not the end of the world. Honestly though, I do feel bad when my my mom calls and begs to "talk" to Porgie. It kind of breaks my heart.

If you have to move, then vacations to visit family will be even more special.

Moderndayhermit said...

Whoo hoo! 2 more weeks!

Wow, you've had a very busy weekend, you make me feel like a complete sloth, haha!

I think the book club selection is a great one, a delightful read for stressful times...I've not read the others, will that be ok you think?

Min-tea said...

Love the idea! At least this time, I can join in.

Leah said...

I love the harry potter idea!!!

I can't believe you are almost done with this pregnancy. It went so fast! (says the one who hasn't been getting swollen ankles or stretch marks. ;) )

Carrie said...

I'd love to read HP for the next book club meeting....although, I'm not going to need 2 weeks to read it! More like 2 days. When I realized that I was going to be out of town when my book was due to arrive, I changed the delivery location to my Mothers, so it would be there when I get there!

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Leah,
Confession time: I still don't have stretch marks nor swollen ankles. I'm even still wearing all my rings. Sorry. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes! Harry Potter, please! I love your book club idea, but have been too busy studying for the bar exam to participate in the last two. The last Harry Potter book comes out two days before the exam, so I'm planning on reading it the weekend afterwards. (Hopefully on a beach, but we'll see...)

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Omg yes to the triple!!

I hope Anjali obliges and arrives pre-release.

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

NewKid WILL be here by then because my doctor has already promised she won't let me go over a week past my due date, so 7/13 would be the latest.

Goofy Girl said...

I would love to discuss HPATDH for next book club! Provided I could borrow a copy from someone. Cough-cough. :-)

Goofy Girl said...

Or maybe I'll just buy one. The Border's midnight event looks WAY cool....

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Aww, I just want to see you dress her up!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do it. I wanted to join the book club before and just didn't get the time to read the other books. But I WILL be reading Harry, and would enjoy discussing it with someone... my husband is SUCH a slow reader it'll take him a long time to finish it and be able to talk about it with him.

Bethany said...

I am probably the only person on the planet who has not read the Harry Potter books! I'll sit this one out. I'd have to read all of them (because I'm like that) and I know I won't have the time.

Seems like you were just announcing your pregnancy during NaBloPoMo and now she is almost here!