October 18, 2006

If Love is blind, how can we believe in Love at first sight?

So, I went to print a hard copy of the Evite from Arun's 1st Halloween party for his baby book. I'll be damned if a Victoria's Secret ad wasn't displaying. While I am not a prude, I think that would be over the top to include it, so I guess I need to wait until something more appropriate shows up. Overall, the party went very smoothly - the kids did a little pumpkin decorating, consumed plenty of sugar and ran around like lunatics. There were no temper tantrums, no screaming, no fits and as one of my friends noted "No knife fights". However, I did notice it is a bit odd to throw a party without any sort of Alcohol Parachute. Because seriously , folks- there's nothing like a little liquor to help grease the Social Wheels of a party.

So, X came back Monday and we had a lovely evening. Arun and I picked X up at the airport and that worked out quite well, since watching a baggage carousel is infinitely appealing to a toddler. Furthermore, watching his eyes bug out as airplanes took off and landed was equally entertaining for me. Fun was had by all. And as a Special Bonus, crawling around on a nasty airport floor afforded him a new set of pathogens to cram into his mouth. Whee!

So, usually for the first days when X comes back from a trip, we have what I call a Travelmoon - a brief period of Marital Bliss where every infraction is overlooked. This grace period is usually 2 days max, but international trips culminating in Gifts of Gold? Definitely garners a few extra days. I think we're good to Thursday, at least.

So, in a continuing quest for Marital Bliss, Arun and I are going to DC/VA next week to spend at least part of the week with X. Since X doesn't have the apartment any longer, we will be staying in a hotel, but I think this will actually help in the way of Entertainment since during the last trip the apartment was a bit of a disaster in that area, anyway. At least the hotel will have long hallways for Stumbling, a pool and as a bonus, is a stone's throw from Target. We don't have any plans other than hanging out with some friends, doing some sight-seeing, and eating good food. However, I am a little nervous for this trip for a few reasons. I am flying into Baltimore by myself and Arun is a bit heavier now to carry in addition to the Ridiculous Carseat, luggage, and stroller. For sure, we are pushing the limits on the Bjorn. Additionally, Arun isn't co-sleeping any longer so... well, I am not sure WHAT to say on that. Stay tuned, I guess..

Finally, Arun is in full force practicing his Frankenstein moves in his quest for progression from Stumbling to Walking. Just in time for Halloween. I should have rethought his costume, I guess............


Baby Einstein



13 comments:

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Love it! He has the sweetest little grins!

I was going to ask if someone remembered to bring back Bounty of Gold for you. Desiland is the best for gifts...next time I'm bringing back textiles for all my friends.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Hey! You got the tongue shot after all!

(will email you tonight...I've been going to bed exhausted at 8:30 from working out in the morning and fleeing the office before creepy cousin shows up)

Scribbit said...

I LOVE the Einstein. You win the prize.

Anonymous said...

Love the baby Einstein!

Jenn said...

That's the cutest costume idea evah!!!!

And I mean really, does he not have THE MOST AWSOME EYES (next to my daughter of course, mostly cause I'm partial)

Lisa said...

HOW CUTE IS HE!!!! LOVE that.

And what's funny is that within 5 hours of my hubby getting back from a trip, we always get into some sort of tiff. Nothing major but we both get pissy with each other...

So funny its different with you guys.

Cheryl said...

Great costume idea.

Anonymous said...

Arun is the only one year-old I know that could do Einstein hair. LOVE IT.

Do you want to borrow my toddler backpack?

Need photos of the gold.

Anonymous said...

Awesome costume! And Happy Birthday to Arun!

Diana said...

Absolutely brilliant! You are going to have one buff pair of arms by the time Arun is able to schlepp his stuff on his own.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, how freakin' clever is that costume?????

Kelly said...

What a great idea!
Since we don't live in the same town, can I copy that for next year? I'll just let you think of a costume and Mr. Cheeks can be that the next year. Does that work for you?

Rozanne said...

Fantastic costume. He actually does look a bit like ol' Al*, just need a bit more tongue

Check it: http://lyn.bengaltech.com/old/public/lynimages/Albert.Einstein.jpg

*Not to be confused with Big Al, god forbid.