However, be honest, isn't rajma more fun to say?
Rajma Soup Recipe
Ingredients2 14 oz cans of dark red kidney beans
8 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 yellow onion
1 tsp Anise
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1. In one pot, cook the tomatoes and onions together with maybe 1/4 cup of water (You need not use any oil). In another pot, get the rajma to cooking.
2. When the tomatoes/onions are soft, blend the mixture with a bit more water and then drain the liquid out through a strainer (I work it through with the back of a spoon).
3. Add the tomato/onion liquid to the cooked rajma.
4. Add the anise, sugar, and salt.
5. Bring the entire mixture to a boil and let simmer until the beans are thoroughly cooked.
My friend serves it with pasta, but we use rice instead. It's a very simple meal and is very satisfying to the appetite.