February 19, 2005

How fresh do you like your food?

Previous Owners Update: I did defrost the freezer and threw out the food - there really wasn't that much of it, so it wasn't such a big deal. I did NOT clean out the other fridge, though. However, when the POs tried to get the fridge out of the basement it WOULD NOT FIT THROUGH THE DOORWAY. We are talking a single inch of difference. The PO couldn't remember how they got the darn thing down there in the first place. Of course, the PO was trying to foist the fridge onto us, but we are Fresh Food People. X is from an area of the world where 1) his family didn't have a fridge when he was a kid and 2) the fish monger would come daily to his back door to deliver and clean the fish on the spot. As a result, X is very picky about the freshness of his food, so we simply do not stock up on food. I tried to convert him to my Kansas Ways (aka buy a side of cow for the entire WINTER, pick strawberries to store for a YEAR, take advantage of that sale at Costco or ELSE), but he was not having any of it. In the end, he converted ME. But I digress......

SO, I told the PO that we have no use for a 2nd fridge and that he would have to figure out how to get rid of it. He looked at me like I was a crazy women for turning down a FREE fridge, but at that point I didn't care and was bolstered by my decreasing level of patience urged on by the Cold from Hell. Basically, he will need to take the doors off and potentially ruin the damn thing. I DON'T CARE. You see, the burning point of all the dealings with the POs comes down to this. We started discussing the house offer last January and officially made an offer last April. We closed on the house last August, then moved in last September. In short, the POs have had a year to consider all these things and they just used up the last bit of sympathy I had Saturday morning as they left that damned fridge in my basement plugged in.

I did go down, snorting and hacking in the throes of the Cold from Hell and UNPLUGGED it, although I did leave the doors cracked. I am not that heartless, after all.

No comments: