February 20, 2006

What’s with all this meme crap?

Keeping in theme with this blog, I am a sheep. We do memes. Didn’t you know? Actually, I don't understand why memes are the Rodney Dangerfield of posting. Not only are they fun to write, they are also fun to read. Anyway, I have been tagged for a meme by Average Jane ........

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had just finished my graduate degree, moved to Kansas City and officially started working for The Man. I was so very homesick for Lawrence at the time - it was the first time in my life that Lawrence wasn't "central" in my life. Now, of course, Kansas City is "central" in my life - and my heart. While I still go to Lawrence at least once a week these days, I know that I could never live there again. It's true what they say: You can't go home.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Puking and hacking. I had just found out I was pregnant a few weeks back and morning sickness had began. THEN, I got a cold from hell. Not a fun combo. Fortunately, or not, I was on VACATION from the very worst job I have ever had -- working for the Federal Reserve. So there I was, on VACATION, PUKING, HACKING and still in utter shock at it all.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1) GOOD, expensive chocolate followed with a glass of soymilk
2) sunflower seeds followed with a glass of orange juice
3) a Kashi granola bar followed with a glass of soymilk
4) cheese, followed with some more CHEESE and a nice glass of wine
5) a cinnamon roll followed with a strong cup of coffee

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1) When You Were Mine (Cyndi Lauper)
2) Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)
3) Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
4) Jessie’s Girl (Rick Springfield)
5) Inside Out (Eve 6)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire :
1) Give a whole shitload to Doctors Without Borders and CRY
2) Pay off the mortgages for my sister, mom, and dad.
3) TRAVEL.
4) Go back to school and get a degree in something I am really interested in - linguistics.
5) Pay someone to color my hair for me. I am just too cheap right now to suck it up and pay. Sadly, it probably shows.

Five bad habits:
1) Procrastination
2) Spending WAY too much time online
3) Reading US Weekly and People. Sigh.
4) Jumping too quickly to conclusions which leads me to.........
5) Losing my temper.

Five things you like doing:
1) Knitting
2) Reading
3) Enjoying a tasty meal in fun restaurant
4) Enjoying a really good cup of joe in a funky coffee shop
5) Playing cards!!

Five things you would never wear again:
1) My long, bohemian skirts
2) a bikini
3) a spiral perm
4) big, plastic, bright-colored earrings
5) blue mascara

Five favorite toys:
1) My RidiculousCar with its Silly Features and 268 ponies
2) My Mac
3) My iPods
4) My digital camara
5) My RidiculousTV and DVR

No comments: