March 16, 2005

Meander much?

Old Yard Status: I drove by it the other day and noticed the poor front yard is BROWN and crusty looking. While the state of the grass was certainly never stellar under my watch, I guess the little twit learned the hard way what happens when you don’t rake your leaves in the fall. The best part? I wasn’t upset! It’s not MY yard.

New Yard Status: I am slowly falling in love with the New Yard. I love wandering around and exploring the nooks and crannies. I guess with us moving in before winter, I just hadn’t gotten used to the fact that it is OUR space now, not the Previous Owners’ (POs). Maybe that is the downside of buying a house from people you know. Anyway, the POs are promising to take their stupid hot tub out NEXT week and I am thrilled to pieces. While we will be left with an ugly concrete slab adjacent to our deck, I do have PLANS for that slab – I am hoping to lay brick over it. Also, I see some shoots coming up in the front and OH, I hope they are tulips. Finally, after a recount, I discovered our small yard has EIGHT trees, not the seven I previously counted. Yikes.

Knitting Status: Since I have been feeling well lately, I am gradually getting back into the swing of things. My iPod needs a sock and I refuse to pay $30 for a set when I can knit one myself from that ridiculous stash of yarn hiding in our coat closet. I am finishing up a backpack and yes, the sweater is still all blocked and ready to go. I have to admit, I am afraid to touch it! I have been procrastinating a bit because I am intimidated by the seaming aspect – the knitting was a piece of cake (although time consuming) - BUT, I am no seamstress. My goal is to conquer my fears this weekend and start sewing the damn thing up. I have skeins of Noro waiting patiently for their turn to be transformed into Booga Bags, after all.

Book Status: I am still enduring the dreaded Sock – I am creeping slowly to page 100, my officially mandated stopping point. I am still enjoying the Good Earth – it is SO interesting, however it is also such a downer of a book that I am anxious to finish it. The Suitable Boy, is still ever the delightful read. I am hoping to read something light and entertaining next – perhaps a selection from Janet Evanovich?

Amazon Orders: Is there anything more sad than the fact the highlight of your week is waiting for an Amazon order? For the most part, I use the library and limit my book purchases to book club purchases or incredibly cheap garage sale finds. However, I can't find my copy of Stitch n' Bitch and I am lost without it! I have looked everywhere and finally gave up. Also, I must own the new set of Trixie Belden books being released (albeit painfully one by one by one by one) They will go quite nicely with my complete set of older ones, of course. Not that I am compulsively anal, or anything.

Not much else is going on this week! Working, going home, reading, and taking it easy.

Repeat til weekend.

No comments: