June 5, 2008

Isn't the writing on the wall really just graffiti?

Bang, Bang. More bullets.....

  1. Commenter Haley has won the copy of Margarita Mama - Mocktails for the Mom-to-Be by Alyssa Gusenoff that I was giving away. Haley, please email your address to me at cagey333ATgmailDOTCOM.
  2. I have been tagged for several memes lately (D. Jain and Gori Girl). In addition, Stephanie tagged me months ago. However, I just could not find it in myself to do them. I mean, I tried. But all I could come up with were random factoids like the fact that I can only snap my fingers with my left hand and that I can read upside down AND backwards (does that make me superlexic?) and that I have to clean the kitchen before I begin cooking (I cannot cook in a dirty kitchen!) So. Um, sorry D. Jain, Gori Girl, and Stephanie.
  3. Finally, I saw Sex and the City last night.................
WARNING! WARNING!
SPOILERS FOR THE SEX AND THE CITY MOVIE ARE COMING FORTH.
Um. I liked it, but I did not love it. It was enjoyable. As I commented earlier today on Throwing Things (which is having a good discussion about the movie, BTW):
Just saw the movie last night and I really enjoyed it. That said, I do not see myself purchasing the soundtrack, I did not shed a single tear, and I did not laugh that much. There was definitely something missing from this movie that would have made it Magically Delicious.
I would agree that the plotlines seemed forced and in some cases, contrived. However, certain parts really, really punched me in the heart: the scene outside the limo when Carrie hits Big with the flowers, the scenes in Mexico, the New Year's Eve scenes and the very last scenes with the wedding and brunch. Other than that, much of the movie felt weak. That it was trying too hard.

I did enjoy the movie, though. It was a veritable feast for the eyes looking at all those gorgeous handbags on a Big!Screen! I think I may have drooled in my popcorn. Shoes? Meh. I am not a Shoe Girl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries... memes can be handy when you've got writer's block, but sometimes you can totally get "meme block" and not be able to come up with all the random things they ask of you.

(I had to skip the rest of your entry b/c I haven't seen Sex and the City yet. I think it's probably only matinee worthy, but also that it'll be played on HBO a million times a day in a few months so I might just wait.)

BOSSY said...

No spoilers here, because Bossy hasn't been to a movie in five dozen years, and there really is no hope that's going to change soon. Spoil away!

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

I didn't think the famed blue manolos were that awesome, though I did love separate pieces of clothes and jewellry on Carrie, Miranda and Samantha (Charlotte's style is way too goody goody for me). Watch for Carrie's studded belt to hit stores soon. She was wearing it in multiple scenes!

Also, aren't you going to lay your terrifying text news of last night on your blog?

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Monkey, I was not impressed with the shoes, either! Re: my news - I have to get some good snaps first. I am prepping the post, though. This weekend, perhaps?