September 29, 2005

Whatever happened to the Way We Weren't?

Strange Dreams: Is this another sign I am a bad Mommy? I have had weird dreams lately, but nothing about the Freeloader. Yeah, early in the pregnancy I had Baby Dreams and they usually involved some form of surrogacy (i.e. me having a baby for Jessica Simpson) or my baby being taken away from in some shape or form. What do I dream about now? iPods - yep. I dreamt last night I had WAY too many iPods and one of them was a teeny, tiny earbud thing called a PeaPod. I think it stems from my newfound obsession with desperately wanting the iPod Nano, even though I HAVE NO BUSINESS OWNING ONE. I already have a regular iPod AND a Shuffle - Greedy Gut that I am.

No More Snore: The bad thing about X being gone is that I miss him - A LOT. The good thing about X being gone is that I can cozily get a good night’s sleep without someone snoring sweet nothings in my ear. I was up at 4:00 am this morning, which will make for an interesting day. Yes, YES, I realize that I am headed down a one-way track to No Sleepdom, but come on - I APPRECIATE the fact that sleep is a precious commidity right now so I am trying to get as much of it as possible.

Yoga Baby: When people ask if the kid is kicking a lot, I answer “Yes”, because that is easier. However, truth be known, what this kid does most is S-T-R-E-T-C-H. I just felt a foot where a foot should never BE, so I swear he’s attempting the downward facing dog RIGHT NOW.

It’s All About Perspective: I bought the cutest maternity shirt WAY back when (April? May?). I ADORED that shirt and wore it constantly. It was too baggy then and actually, is STILL too baggy. However, I hate to wear it NOW because of the very fact that it is baggy and thus, makes me look HUGE. Ironically moronic, I know....I know.

Cribbage: Rumor has it we are receiving the Freeloader's crib TODAY. Since the kid's due date is less than 3 weeks away, this is a good thing, I suppose. I wasn't really stressed about it, but WAS getting extremely irritated with the seller that wasn't responding to my emails in a promptly manner.

Baggage: According to my handy-dandy pregnancy book, I am supposed to be packing a bag right now in anticipation of a 2-3 day jaunt at my local hospital. This is slightly complicated by the fact that my husband is using our "2 Nights" bag and all we have left are the "4-5 Nights" and the "Full Week Plus" bags. I also wonder if I shouldn't be more worried about packing this bag - it seems to be a source of stress for some other pregnant bloggers who are due around the same time as I am. However, it's difficult to get too bent out of shape over packing a bag to go stay somplace that is less than 10 minutes away from my home.

Never was a Streisand Fan: I am nearly finished with the Photo Project - I have had an odd, disjointed week of Memory Lane recaps. Things I had long forgotten about - I got a little teary-eyed running across old photos of friends I’ve grown apart from, deceased relatives, photos from when my parents were still married and we were actually a FAMILY. It’s interesting to ponder all the little tidbits of memories floating around in my head (most shocking newsflash - I was NOT FAT, despite all of Asshole #1's claims to contrarary. Hence the moniker.). Anyway, in retrospect, it was probably a good time to do this Photo Project. I am about to leap into an entirely new life - not just the Freeloader, but some other things going on that I can’t blog about just yet . I would hate to jinx the Something Really Good that is going on with X's company. This Something Really Good may morph into Something Really Great, Yet Sad. Stayed tuned.

No comments: