- Happy Birthday to Average Jane, most certainly one of the least average persons I know.
- Speaking of birthdays, it seems that my youngest child will be celebrating her first one this Wednesday. Um, I suppose I should send out that Evite that has been languishing in draft mode for over a month now. For the birthday party that is supposed to be held this Saturday. Oops.
- Anyone who speaks me to on a regular basis gets to hear much grousing about all the little things that X does that simply drives me batshit. While he does drive me crazy, I have to say that he has the kindest, most gentle, genuine smile of all times. Driving in the car today, we happened to pull up to him at a stoplight. His smile gave me butterflies. Sweet, sweet butterflies.
- Our inaptly named male betta, Dory, went to the Big Fish Fry in the sky yesterday. And Arun caught me conducting the memorial service in front of the porcelain god. It wasn't pretty, but fortunately, he is easily distracted.
- When you become the owner of a tarantula, your Standards of Ick are severely diminished. You will encourage your son to catch jumping spiders on your living room floor. You will also find yourself trying to catch a mouse in your front yard with your bare hands in an attempt to save it from your cats. However, you will still not be able to resist the chills up your spine at the sight of worms coming from the drain in your basement. *shudder*
- I busted out my Jonny Quest DVDs the other night, which Arun loved. Now, he keeps saying "I wanna watch Jonny Question!" And yes, I snigger at all the horrible stereotypes the show perpetuates and the fact that the foreign villainous characters are not even speaking real languages, but are instead shouting pure gibberish. I figure the show will be a great launching point for discussion with my children on how far the USA has come since the early 60s. Cripes.
- Commenter Carrie asked about my flaxseed oil consumption and its affect on stretch mark prevention. I wrote about it on the BoobLog, but may not have mentioned here - I did end up with a few small stretch marks, just under my navel. Still, I think the flaxseed oil helped - I had gotten stretch marks during puberty when I grew hips and later, when I gained weight after quitting the cigs. Surely, pregnancy should have resulted in even bigger stretch marks. Anyway, we began using Nature Made Flaxseed Oil long before I became pregnant - we get huge bottles of it at Costco for a reasonable price.
July 7, 2008
What do Greeks say when they don't understand something?