July 7, 2008

What do Greeks say when they don't understand something?

Bang! Bang!
  • Happy Birthday to Average Jane, most certainly one of the least average persons I know.
  • Speaking of birthdays, it seems that my youngest child will be celebrating her first one this Wednesday. Um, I suppose I should send out that Evite that has been languishing in draft mode for over a month now. For the birthday party that is supposed to be held this Saturday. Oops.
  • Anyone who speaks me to on a regular basis gets to hear much grousing about all the little things that X does that simply drives me batshit. While he does drive me crazy, I have to say that he has the kindest, most gentle, genuine smile of all times. Driving in the car today, we happened to pull up to him at a stoplight. His smile gave me butterflies. Sweet, sweet butterflies.
  • Our inaptly named male betta, Dory, went to the Big Fish Fry in the sky yesterday. And Arun caught me conducting the memorial service in front of the porcelain god. It wasn't pretty, but fortunately, he is easily distracted.
  • When you become the owner of a tarantula, your Standards of Ick are severely diminished. You will encourage your son to catch jumping spiders on your living room floor. You will also find yourself trying to catch a mouse in your front yard with your bare hands in an attempt to save it from your cats. However, you will still not be able to resist the chills up your spine at the sight of worms coming from the drain in your basement. *shudder*
  • I busted out my Jonny Quest DVDs the other night, which Arun loved. Now, he keeps saying "I wanna watch Jonny Question!" And yes, I snigger at all the horrible stereotypes the show perpetuates and the fact that the foreign villainous characters are not even speaking real languages, but are instead shouting pure gibberish. I figure the show will be a great launching point for discussion with my children on how far the USA has come since the early 60s. Cripes.
  • Commenter Carrie asked about my flaxseed oil consumption and its affect on stretch mark prevention. I wrote about it on the BoobLog, but may not have mentioned here - I did end up with a few small stretch marks, just under my navel. Still, I think the flaxseed oil helped - I had gotten stretch marks during puberty when I grew hips and later, when I gained weight after quitting the cigs. Surely, pregnancy should have resulted in even bigger stretch marks. Anyway, we began using Nature Made Flaxseed Oil long before I became pregnant - we get huge bottles of it at Costco for a reasonable price.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least you planned a party for your kid. we finally celebrated Tyler's last week at my SIL's house, only 3 weeks late and I ended up with more cake on me than she did but it was fun.

My hubby's smile gives me butterflies as well and getting one like you did probably made your day.

caro said...

Another stretch mark data point:

Puberty: no omega 3s, stretch marks

Pregnancy 1: no omega 3s, no stretch marks

Pregnancy 2: fish oil supplements a go go, stretch marks.

Is the power supposed to be unique to the flax oil rather than a blanket omega 3 thing?

caro said...

Thinking more ... I lived in Alaska during puberty and ate a ton of fish. Maybe fish causes stretch marks :)

MB said...

I'm popping the flaxseed Costco pills too. Hasn't done a thing for my stretch marks but my cholesterol is the lowest it's been in 14 years, and it's definitely not from anything like a well balanced diet.

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Flybunny - Regarding the Smashing the Cake Business:
I am a wimp when it comes to messy babies. She'll get a cupcake, but that is about it.

Caro & MB - Regarding the flaxseed theory:
Realistically, I am probably full of bull. And flaxseed, obviously.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

I love the new picture and the leetle bit of sexytop we get to see!! The bangs are really working for ya.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Carrie said...

Ether way, I'm still going to give the flaxseed oil a try. I'm not good about eating fish. Mostly because I hate to cook it. Thanks Cagey!

Anonymous said...

I've been giving our dog flaxseed oil for the past month and it never even occured to me to take it myself! I am a dunce.