July 22, 2006

Can I Ask A Question?

On of my very favorites of all Questions Rhetorical. Anyway, in preparation for BlogHer, I've been tagged by Average Jane.............

BlogMe

1. When did you start blogging and why? Or Talk about your blog. What can I learn about you in under 5 minutes? I began blogging in 2004 as something fun to do - a new hobby. At the time, little did I know how important and integral that blogging would become for me as a way of expressing myself. I have never considered myself a writer yet have been pleasantly surprised with how much I have enjoyed writing as a creative outlet. In particular, it has been nice to document my recent transition from Working In An Office to the new gig I like to call Staying Home With My Son. Previously, Working was everything to me and I was worried that Staying would put a dent in my Identity. Blogging has definitely filled a void and given a "Mon-Fri" feel to my days since I don’t post on the weekends. I just need to get over my obsessive need to proofread and this would be the Perfect Hobby!
 
2. Who do you read every day, rain or shine? I read most of my Blogroll, which is always a “work in progress”. I would prefer to keep it up to date, but have been quite lazy with it lately. Sometimes I am in the mood for Blogger A, but maybe other days I need a little bit of Blogger B. Then, there’s Blogger C, who hasn’t updated in weeks and dammit, Blogger D is not EVEN on my Blogroll, yet I read her EVERYDAY and sometimes, I repeatedly hit Refresh while feeling like a Total Stalker.

 3. How do you feel about meeting bloggers in real life? Are you nervous? Will you have great expectations? What do you hope to take away from the BlogHer experience? I am very excited about meeting other bloggers! I am not usually all about Girl Power, but last year at BlogHer, I thought it was wonderful to be in a room buzzing with such ENERGY. However, last year, I was what can only be delicately referred to as “heavily pregnant”. I felt like a total outcast because I wasn’t a Mommy, but wasn’t really part of the other folks, either. I wasn’t Working and was just preparing for my son’s birth at that time - for sure, I was smack dab in the middle of a Blogging Purgatory. To boot, I came back very disheartened with some of the negativity and sneering surrounding the genre of Mommy Blogging. However, THIS year? It's a different ballgame, babycakes. I have made several new friends in the past year and I can’t wait to meet them. Although, I am a little worried. Now people will discover this delicate house of cards that I have created. Will they still love me when they discover the Rancid le Manse is really just a cardboard box, the RidiculousCar is actually a Vespa and that my baby is an artfully photoshopped cat?
 
4. Are you and your blogging persona the same person? I like to think so, although I am probably a little more passive-aggressive in Real Life. On my blog, I tend to say the things I wish I would have said in Real Life. However, I try to be unapologetic about the differences between “Cagey” and “Kelli” because frankly, blogging is therapeutic. In fact, that has always been my unofficial tagline “Blogging is virtually free, therapy is not.” In that vein, I wish my Mom would read my blog.
 
5.  Soon everyone's going to meet each other at BlogHer. Important question. How do you party? With a glass of vino in my hand, friends at my side and my mouth running astray. I think all my Real Life friends can attest to the fact that I become a chatterbox when drinking.
 
6. So, what shoes will you be wearing??  Most probably my Favorite Black Slides. Since I have never been a Shoe Girl, the more important question is “Which PURSE will you be bringing?” I haven’t decided THAT yet and haven’t even completely talked myself out of buying a new one. Yikes.

Anyway - I am VERY excited about BlogHer. If you happen to notice a D-Lister skulking around on the fringe snapping furtive pics of the A-Listers, don’t fret. That’s just me.


Simian Snappage

Most of the gas for this blog depends on the cat, er, KID.

As you can see, I won't be winning any Mother of the Year awards anytime ever. What sort of mother lets her precious progeny suck on diving sticks?

4 comments:

Diana said...

He's still the cutest cat on the planet.

Can't wait to hear your tales from BlogHer. It's almost as good as going myself.

Jenn said...

It's me you're refreshing and being a stalker too isn't it!! It's me I know it!! LOL jk

Have fun at blogher....and bring home stories for those of us not going. *sulk*

Rozanne said...

Hahahahahahah!

An artfully photoshopped cat. That had me laughing out loud.

BlogHer sounds way cool. Maybe I'll be able to get there one of these years.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

I see management is not pleased.