November 1, 2005

Surely a food pantry could use some Skittles - right??

I have come to the sad conclusion that my days of hot, fresh coffee are over. Still, when I gaze into the little brown orbs of my son, I can’t help but think that cold, stale coffee ain’t so bad, either.

I have also determined that the makers of the Baby Bjorn are gods or geniuses or some combination of the two. Arun LOVES the Bjorn and immediately snuggles in for a nap when he is rounded up into it. This may help solve my dilemma for finding time to get online. I REALLY miss being online. I am lacking in my news knowledge and feel very much out of the loop. The stupid TV news channels do NOT cut it.

We had our 2nd doctor’s visit on Monday and it was an astounding success. The nurse declared me to be a “relaxed, informed mom”, which was heartening to hear. I’ll have to remember that the next time the rising panic in the back of my throat threatens to take over. Also, we found out that the little monkey weighs a whopping 8.5 lbs now. Yikes. His days of actual Newborn sized outfits are soon to be a thing of the past. I also managed to score an appointment with the doctor for my 6 week checkup EARLY - 5 weeks instead of the usual 6. I was particularly excited about this so I can get signoff even sooner to start going to the gym again. I find it odd that I am craving to go the gym like this - it’s not like I was THAT into exercising before, although I did enjoy it when I got around to it.

Finally, our first Halloween was a success as Arun and I handed out candy. All evening long, everyone cooed over my “baby skeleton”. Even the most hardened of surly teenagers couldn’t help but ooh and ahh over the little guy. I did screw up, though. Majorly. I did not give out the candy fast enough and I am now stuck with nearly 2 lbs of Skittles. Which I LOVE with a passon. It doesn't help that on Sunday, I discovered that I am at my pre-pregnancy weight now and this whole Skittles Debacle may throw a wrench in the whole matter. CRAP.

Anyway, I present for you Baby Skeleton - a costume inspired by his sonogram pics. I was going to make one from scratch, but luckily found one in a store for a mere 10 bucks.

No comments: