November 30, 2006

It's already over?

Well. Alrighty then.

I wish I could pontificate upon the various merits of participating in NaBloPoMo, but I'm not feeling particularly wordy today. It's been a Three Burrito/Two Ginger Ale kinda day. Bleh. I will say that I am very glad I participated and hope I can do so again next year. I felt SO challenged as a blogger - in fact, I was so nervous about hitting a Blogging Block, that before deciding to join up, I put together a list of potential topics. Except for the trip to San Francisco where I composed 5 posts in advance, I didn't have to use the list I had compiled. And I didn't get out the "No one cares what you had for lunch" book once. I am still a little shocked that I was able to come up with so many posts on the fly. I most certainly will not be posting on a daily basis from here on out, though. I miss having the weekends to take a break from the Blogosphere and realize now how much I depended on that time to catch up on emails. Besides, when you do something EVERY SINGLE DAY, you don't appreciate it as much. So, while all in all, NaBloPoMo was so totally awesome, blogging feels a bit like work right now.

Surprisingly, for a brief while I was in the running for a Grand Prize - crib bedding from Javis Davis. She was offering the prize to the 1st blogger to announce a pregnancy. While I didn't actually win, Javis Davis generously has offered consolation prizes. I won't be taking her up on the offer until I am past the 28 week mark (I don't like buying things for babies until after then), but wanted to pass the Linky Love around beforehand. I thought that was very cool of her to offer consolation prizes like that.

Quick Kid Stuff: Is it normal for toddlers to just stuff their cheeks like there is no tomorrow? Arun stuffs his face like he's playing his own personal version of Chubby Bunny, without the benefit of Peer Pressure. Then, he chews on the food for what seems like HOURS. Like a cow and his cud. Good Grief. Also, is it normal for toddlers to eat their Cheerios with milk like an adult? I thought most toddlers liked to pick dry Cheerios off a plate, but Arun prefers the traditional M.O. with milk and a spoon. Anyway. Maybe it's yet another case where I think my precious progeny is the most unique boy EVER when as usual, he's just a normal kid. Except with more hair. And eyes that give those creepy Precious Moments kids a run for the money.

But you know what I mean, right?


Pretty Boy, Sitting Pretty


Not that there's anything wrong with that.


Friendship


Until the Treat Can is Shaken


Trail Guide

No Child Left Behind


Daddy's Boy


Until the Shit Hits the Diaper

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Ohhh pics of pets AND babies. There is far too much cuteness on your page! :-)

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

That is a magnificent tabby with the most fluffa tail ever.

the Drunken Housewife said...

I love that orange cat, and the little boy is pretty adorable, too.

the Drunken Housewife said...

p.s. My daughter insisted, from early toddlerhood, on having milk with her cereal as well. i think the stuffing-the-cheeks-like-a-hamster thing is fairly normal, too. Disgusting, yes, but normal, too.

Anonymous said...

I've got one that still stuffs like a squirrel for hibernation on occasion. The other? He's the one that insists milk be added to his bowl of cheerios. Alas, I'm afraid my boys are leaving toddlerhood for childhood way sooner than I'm prepared for;>

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it through to the other side w. NaBlo!

I, too, "learned a lot," but somehow it seems like way too much effort to deconstruct it all right now.

The kitties are sweet!

Anonymous said...

Your kitty pictures are gorgeous, especially in those leaves. What a photo whore.

And fweee! That haircut! No mushrooms in sight!

Anonymous said...

Those kitty pictures are adorable. My youngest had to come back and look at them again this morning and Arun always brings a smile to my face.

Congrats on getting through the whole month, I particulary enjoyed the religion posts as I/we have been struggling with this mightily in the past couple of weeks and you always have such great insight - thanks for some thought provoking posts!!!

So did you take Arun out to enjoy the snow yesterday or today?

MLE said...

ORANGE KITTY!

I love orange kitties.

meno said...

I never tire of kitty pictures, anf i rarely tire of cute kid pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cagey - I tagged you for a Meme, if you feel like doing it, it helps with the NaBloPoMo withdrawal!
http://www.notinkansasanymoretoto.typepad.com/

Scribbit said...

Okay, he's still about the cutest thing there is.