November 28, 2006

Are we there yet?

2 more days of NaBloPoMo. Wow.

Regarding the San Francisco trip, I wish I could claim to be so cool and avant- garde as the post appeared to be. What really happened is this: X has been very frank that San Francisco is his dream city to live in. If he could drag my lily white ass there, he would. In a heartbeat. Therefore, when I go to SF, I am there with an Eagle Eye and hitting all the touristy spots is simply not going to cut it. This definitely spurred me to traipse through so many different parts of the city. So, what do I think of SF? I really like the area, but it doesn't feel like "home". Although, I've never been a California girl, so take that with a grain of salt. I will admit that if I were forced to live there, then it would have to be SF. I am so IN LOVE with the climate. Chilly? Damp? YUM. However, I'm still pushing for Boston, if X is going to force me to move - I've always felt at home in the New England states.

So, I had my 8 week pre-natal appointment today but I don't really feel like posting about it today. Maybe later. Yes, everything is okay. I had mentioned earlier this month that I was excited to discover several Real Life friends who are also pregnant. I just found out today that my friend M lost her baby over Thanksgiving. So, while I still feel puke-ish, tired, hormonal and stupidly weepy over holiday commercials and silly TV shows such as Brothers and Sisters, I am acutely aware of how fortunate I am to be feeling all of those things.

Don't take the good things in life for granted, folks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather is good in SF, but that's all I really like about it. I've been there probably 10x, which is probably why I don't like it. I just end up going to the same places over and over and over in CA.

I've been crying at commercials, too, if that makes you feel better. :)

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Very sorry for your friend's loss and sending you best wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

The more I visit San Francisco, the more I love it. If we could reconcile the absurdly high cost of living with our earning potential, I'd drag us there in a second.

Anonymous said...

From what I've heard of San Fran, I'd be looking from a touristy point of you.. but I've always thought that the less-city parts of California are just beautiful.

The weather actually reminds me of home, here in Sydney.

Anonymous said...

Haha!

Point.. of you?

Or not.

Let's try Point of View.

I am a twit tonight!

Leah said...

I love chilly and damp!

Diana said...

Love chilly and damp? Not a Cali-girl? Drag X to Portland for a weekend and try it on for size. (Plus, Rozanne lives there!)

MLE said...

Man, if I could afford it, I'd move back to the Bay Area in a hot second.

But I can understand how it might not be for everyone.

-qir said...

Wow, sorry about your friend. Glad to hear you're still doing okay.

If you visit SF in the future, ping me and I'll send you to all sorts of nifty off path places.

SF has both an old chinatown and a new chinatown. More cool neighborhoods than you can shake a stick at. You'd probably dig Potrero Hill, Bernal Heights and parts of the mission as well.