February 17, 2006

Do you hear what I hear?

Ladies of the Internet, is it just me or do men give up some part of their middle ear function when they take their solemn vows of matrimony? Or, did I just happen to get stuck with a model that was already lacking in this feature? Was there the option to upgrade and I missed the boat? At times, I will actually send X an email so I have DOCUMENTATION. X has many, many virtues but GOOD GOD, hearing isn’t one of them. Furthermore, I am tempted to set up a chessboard-esque gridwork in our fridge so the next time he asks where the eggs are, I can shout " C4!!" because the LOCATION NEVER FUCKING CHANGES. Okay - got that off my chest......

Looking forward to this weekend because we have virtually no plans. Yippee!! My mother is coming over at some point so that I can finally see Brokeback Mountain. This heterosexual chick is all for gay romances - hell, All Over the Guy is one of my favorite movies , so that should say something. Anyway, other than the movie and hanging out at the house, I finally, finally figured out how to move movie clips around on my Mac. I am such a “guy” when it comes to gadgets, I never read the directions and nope, I’ll never learn. But, I did finally figure it out. I have footage that needs to be made into 4 different movies, then I can burn the DVDs and distribute them. I will probably do our taxes this weekend, which will be no small feat, either. Not to complain, but we sold our Virginia rental property last year and the return is going to be a total bitch.

Anyway, today was ChimpBoy’s 4 month checkup. He weighs 16 lbs and is over 26 inches long. While he is only 75% in weight, he is well over 90% in height which explains why I am already digging through his 6-9 month clothes. The doctor’s office always cracks me up - they always declare that I am doing a “great job” which really means crap because let’s face it - at this point the kid is on auto-pilot. All I do is feed and diaper him.

From This:



To This:



Unfortunately, while the kid has been growing, I still haven’t figured out how to get the lighting right. I had decided before he was born that this was the “spot” where I wanted to do the milestone comparison pics, but neglected to test out the lighting first. It's still crazy to think that it's been FOUR whole months. I can't even describe how much I just love hanging out with him, running around with him - just BEING with him. It is so fun to take him places and experience new things with him. It was even fun traveling with him this past weekend. I was downright giddy after the visit to Mt. Vernon because I realized I have many, many years of dragging his bored ass through cheesy tourist destination after tourist destination.

I almost feel sorry for him.

No comments: