January 9, 2006

What’s wrong with this picture?

Bad Heir Day


Yes, I live in Kansas. A state where we are so busy worrying about evolution and beer being sold on Sundays, that we don’t have time to tend our progeny properly. Bah. A little humility is good for a kid. In my defense, I DO brush my kid’s hair. In fact, it was freshly washed and beautifully coiffed as we headed out the door to my dad’s 60th birthday party. However, a few rounds of Pass the Baby, two nursing sessions, one diaper change and an extended nap on his grandpa’s shoulder left the kid’s mop a little, shall we say, unkempt.


Tickle Me Stink


Internet, I present for you the Holy Grail of Gift Returns. My sister and I both received one of these atrocities for our newborns this Christmas - Arun's is even worse since his has that stupid skater boy haircut. We can’t figure out for the life of us where in the hell my grandma got them. Now, don’t get me wrong - I am not opposed to my son playing with dolls. I am really trying to avoid gender stereotyping when possible and am not all into that "man's kinda man" crapola. No, I won’t be dressing him up in little Princess outfits, but I wouldn’t have a problem with it if he turned into a Queen, either. Hell, he can be a gay cowboy for all I care. But playing with Cabbage Patch Kids? A mother has her limits.

No comments: