May 24, 2012

More Sensitivity Training....

So.... Manoj has indicated he is interested in getting the US citizenship.  Woot!  I am happily researching the process and SO excited for this.  I have been asking him for YEARS about this but for a variety of reasons, he hasn't expressed interest.

Predictability, Team Chaos had opinions about the matter.

Me: Daddy's going to become an American, Anju!
Anjali: NO!!!!
Me: Why not?
Anjali: Because I want him to still catch us.
Me: Um, Daddy will still play tag with you even if he is American.

Later......
Me: Daddy going to become an American, Arun!  What do you think about that?
Arun: Will he become White?  Because I like him better when he is Brown.
Me:  Um, Americans come in all colors.  It doesn't matter what color you are, anyone can become an American.

We're living the Dream over here, folks.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

OMG, I love this!