December 22, 2008

Where's my present, Mama?

Having a cousin celebrate her 3rd birthday so v. v. close to Christmas would probably confuse you, too. I almost felt sorry for the little guy.

Anyway, on to some randomy goodness.

First, Christine was the first one who recognized Pink Floyd's song title "Is there anybody out there?" Actually, not only did she recognize the title, she went on the quote some of the lyrics. Officially, I believe I have found a new BFF. We can totally hang and braid each others' hair. I do owe props to Rozanne who did recognize it was a Pink Floyd song. But still, no hair braiding for you, Rozanne. Sorry. Maybe a unicorn candle instead?

Second, on Friday, I spent 3 hours putting together the play kitchen and the table/chair set. Holy cow. The kitchen came with a complicated pack of screws containing no less than TEN different sets, plus a variety of nuts. I am almost done with it, I just need to hang the doors and for that, I need help. It was a nice time, actually. I took the portable DVD player and hid in the basement while watching Christmas Vacation and The Christmas Story. Today, I am going to hide in the basement to wrap gifts and spring toys from their blister-pack prisons while watching Love Actually (again, for the millionth time) and perhaps, Elf.

Third, I am feeling significantly less bad about the amount of gifts our kids are getting. The kitchen and table set will be used for years and I am very happy with the quality of both. Also, nearly all the toys the kids are getting actually complement toys they already own. For example, the stocking stuffers for Anjali are little Diego and Dora dolls to use with the Rescue Center that Arun got last Christmas. They love playing with the center together, but there was only one Diego included and they tend to fight over him.

Fourth, I am nearly done Christmas shopping. I need to buy X's stocking stuffers (a hunk of parrano cheese and some sugar-free vanilla syrup for lattes), but other than that? Done.

Fifth, I am nearly done buying food for the two gatherings I am hosting. Christmas Eve will find my dad, step-mom, siblings, etc noshing on a variety of snackage purchased from Costco - cheese, meats, quiche, artichoke/jalapeno dip. Christmas Day will find both of my grandmothers, my mother, great-uncle, cousin, and aunt scarfing down turkey, fresh cranberry sauce and all the other traditional culinary delights of the season.

Sixth, it appears I will meeting some former high school BFFs this following weekend. Thanks to the glory that be Facebook, the four of us have reconnected after nearly 15 years. I see some Spanx and cabbage soup in my future. *gulp*

Seventh, when will I learn to NOT let my children play with my phone? When? Never? I have actually gotten a rainbow screen of death on the damned thing.

Eighth, Merry Christmas!

Text: When the 2008 Peace Accords were ratified by a 2/3 majority, the lone dissenter staged a protest.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great photo. I love the candid ones.

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one that watched Love Actually at Christmas. My friends tell me that it is not really a Christmas movie, but come on, Bill Nighy singing bad Christmas songs naked? How can that not be Christmas! Merry Christmas to you also!

~Kenna in Lawrence

lorib said...

Sounds like you are in for a wonderful Christmas. I'm glad I'm not hosting anybody this year. I've barely managed to get all the presents purchased. Planning a menu and cooking would have done me in. Love the Christmas card. =) And I love Love Actually too!

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

3 good looking babies, there.

You know, I'm flying back to Boston tonight and damn it, I'm fretting about Julius. I wasn't able to get him a vet visit before I left and I'm feeling like a bad catmama. Also, he's looking at me in that way where I feel like he KNOWS. KNOWS I'M LEAVING.

Have I crossed some sort of freak boundary here? I miss my cat when I'm away!!

CPA Mom said...

1st, I've never seen Love Actually. Is it that good?

2nd, I got your card yesterday! So cute!! Thank you!

3rd, we got a play kitchen last year for Christmas. The kiddos have YET to play with it. The whole thing makes me grouchy.

Mamma Sarah said...

Merry Christmas to you and your fam!!!