December 26, 2008

Is that my present?

Truly, there was nothing particularly special or spectacular about this Christmas.

Christmas Eve, my dad, step-mom, siblings, nieces, nephews all came to our house. We gorged ourselves on cheese, sweets, quiche, meats, cheap wine and Boulevard Nutcracker Ale. Then, we threw wrapping paper haphazardly around like it grows on trees or something.

Christmas Day, Santa came and dropped off some things. More relatives came and brought more things. Overall, considering the volume of folks who came to our house, the gifts were not too overwhelming since most folks brought ONE toy per child - my mom even brought a combined gift for the kids, thus winning her the honor for Favorite Relative of 2008. Not bad. We stuffed ourselves on the traditional foods of the season. Then, everyone went home.

Truly, I hope that is how all the holidays go for my kids. Family, laughter, gifts, food, lights, and general obnoxiousness mixed with the occasional off-color joke.

It was a nice holiday and I could not ask for anything more. Except, a nap, perhaps.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Mixed Media: WALL-E Meets Thomas

Fine Dining
Madam, would you like some fresh-tapped maple syrup for your waffle this evening? Some newly-churned butter, perhaps?

Snakes and Cheese
He will deign to flash these goofy grins now. Which look so NATURAL. Awesome.

Snakes


Maybe He's Born With It, Maybe It's Maybelline
Such eyelashage on a BOY? Not FAIR.

Top Chef

Project Runway

The Satisfied Grin of Someone Who Made Out Like a Bandit

Swirls of Hair

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who thinks Anjali looks just like Cindy Lou Who (Grinch - cartoon version) in that Project Runway shot?

And did you pray extra extra hard to the eyelash gods? Because both your kids??? Damn!

aibee said...

It looks and sounds like it was a great day!

Season's greetings to you all.

xoxox

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

All I can say is Miss Thang knows her camera angles at the age of 18 months and I'm still lost at nearly-30!

I'm going to have to show G these when he gets back from India. He has a real soft spot for Anju on account of how well she took to him.

Mamma Sarah said...

Great pics. I LOVE the kitchen btw!

Heather said...

just gotta give a shout- I think your blogs are great, and I haven't even seen all that much yet. I found a post from Booblog on google and left a comment there, loved that blog and put it on my favs list on my blog but then noticed you hadn't written in months, so thought I'd look you up a little more and then found your other blogs and realized we live in the same "neighborhood" as for as web goes. We're in Kansas, so not too far away, KU grad, so it was funny to see you talk about Pet World. The world really is so small, isn't it? Love your writing style, I can totally appreciate your similar perspective and my husband has a rich ethnic heritage as well, so I can relate. Your kids are beautiful.
Well, happy blogging... just had to say, "hey!"