- Dude. I went overboard on Christmas. *Gulp* And then, Anjali Senior's post made me feel so bad. *DoubleGulp* Santa presents this year: toy kitchen, toy snake, table/chair set, stocking stuffers. I did not mean to go overboard, but the table/chair set presented itself at Costco and solves a problem for us: our current cheapie table set is simply too small for Arun and too unstable for Anjali (she is constantly falling out of the chairs.) Gifts from us: a few books, toy cash register, DVDs (Space Chimps, Stars Wars, Dark Crystal.) Although, I have to admit that the Star Wars and Dark Crystal DVDs are really for me. Yes, I have become That Parent and I am duly ashamed. Flog at will, peoples.
- Am I the only one who is distressed about the cancellation of Dirty, Sexy Money? It was just getting good and the storyline was starting to fall into place. Where am I going to get my weekly fix of Blair Underwood, Peter Krause and Donald Sutherland all in one place?? Where?
- Speaking of TV, I am so anxious for Season 13 of the Antiques Roadshow! It is finally coming back Jan.5th. I love that show so much that I have even been watching the re-runs.
- Our little, sweet 17 month old has morphed into a little, sweet, demanding 17 month old. "No! I HAVE it, please! No! Nurse again, please! No! Mine! Open it, please! Please! PLEASE! No! Help, please!" are statements heard on a daily basis and despite the excessive use of the word "please" which really is a synonym for "now" and, believeyoume, there is no polite way about her tone. Nor the stomping of her feet. Or the falling to the ground in slow-motion. The best part is that Arun will try to discipline her and insists "Anjali, you need to go in time-out and get control of your body!"
- For the past few months, we have been fighting a variety of infections for both kids which have involved 4 different kinds of anti-biotics and such a variety of cremes, lotions, etc that my head spins at the array. I think we in a downhill mode now. I am SO tired of sneaking Arun's medicine in his drinks. It is tiring.
- Also? Am tired, overall. I have been pregnant, breastfeeding or both continuously since January 2005. I think my body is beginning a protest and I have really been out of sorts for a few months now. Going to the gym helps, but I think that Anjali weaning would help even more. My body is so out of whack and the hormonal ups and downs with breastfeeding are taking its toll on me. I am hopeful she will be ready to wean in January, when she is 18 months - my Cousin the Lactation Consultant recommended just waiting until then. I cannot understand the Duggar family - 18 kids?? I am tired about birthing TWO. I cannot imagine the wear n' tear on that woman's body.
- Overall, though things are going well. Our babysitter is coming today and I am going to hole myself up in the basement to wrap presents and assemble things.
December 19, 2008
Is there anybody out there?
Posting on a Friday before a holiday week is like venturing out into a frozen tundra. But, I was in the mood to write, so here I am (Bonus points to who can name the band who sang the song of today's post title.) Anyway, I shall commence randomy bits of bullets, if you do not mind: