December 16, 2008

Day 16: Is it Christmas yet?

I like gossip and snark as much as the next person. But when some anonymous chickenshit blogger uses their space to go all Judge Judy and poop hatred merely for the sheer purpose of pooping hatred. Well? That crosses the line for me. People suck, sometimes. Especially when such lilly-livered individuals target a good friend of mine.

So, to escape the hatred, I hung out on my spider messageboard all weekend. And then? Found myself embroiled in a minor controversy as to the number of crickets and method of how I feed my tarantula. Awesome! This coming on the heels of someone on Flickr leaving nasty comments about the size of Sofia's enclosure. So, for the first ever in my history of Flickrage, I had to block someone, then they began emailing asking if they could buy Sofia from me. I guess to save her? For reals?? It is not as if Sofia tries to make a break for it every time I open her cage. Sometimes, I swear she is wagging her spinnerets in glee. Okay, maybe not. But still - I wonder if PETA has glommed onto the 8-legged cause or what.

Okay. *breathes deeply* My happy place? My den of Zen? Is here, so I best be moving on.

On Friday, Chocolate Covered Susan and I went to the Union Station on Friday. The kids rode the historic Holiday Spirit train that used to be the Jones Store in downtown Kansas City. Then, we got to the see the huge model train extravaganza they have going on. It was so awesome that on our way back from Crown Center, we did all the train stuff again. I am even considering one more trip over there before the holidays end and it all goes away. The train ride was $3/person, the model train display was free. The train ride was cute because I thought Anjali was too little for it, but the minute she saw Arun get on board, she began straining against her stroller harness while exclaiming "Please! Please!".
Resistance? It be futile:

Riding the Holiday Spirit at Kansas City's Union Station from Kelli Oliver George on Vimeo.


After the train ride, we headed over to Crown Center. It just so happened that Santa was there and he was looking quite lonely (read: No lines!) so we squeezed in a quick chat with weirdie beardie while there. On cue, Arun asked for a toy snake for himself and a toy kitchen for his sister. Then all the kids played in the Crayola toyland thingie for awhile. It was such a great day - nothing fancy and not even very expensive.

The Most Perfect Picture Ever For a Christmas Card, No?
Too damned bad that I already used a far inferior picture for our card and said cards are already addressed. Officially, I SUCK.

Entralled


A Kansas City Icon, Made Entirely Out of Legos


The View? Stunning.
My snapshot of it? Not so much.


Oh, Santa Baby

4 comments:

motherbumper said...

That train event looks so super cool - seriously cool.

And trolls that focus on other people's pets are scary indeed. I know enough to know that Sofia is loved and well cared for. Blog Trolls who poop, really suck big time. Sorry for all the bad vibes happening to you.

CPA Mom said...

I laughed at the last shot - we have many pictures of our kiddos like that!! This was the first year (at ages 6 and 4) that both kids are smiling with Santa.

Did you get my card?

My son would go NUTS over that LEGO thing - he is ALL ABOUT Legos right now.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

It really says something about someone to pick on one of the most innocuous and genuinely sweet bloggers.

Anonymous said...

a spider with a small enclosure? Is there such a thing?

don't sweat it. that spider is living in 5-Stars compared to the one i've been chasing from room to room in my basement.