March 24, 2008

Sound good?

Arun ends many of his sentences with a fervently earnest "Sound good?" As in "Hey mama! I go see train, go get ice cream, then go home and then watch Max and Ruby. Sound good, mama? Sound good?" Yes, it does, babycakes. Yes, it does, indeed.

____________________

As we all know, knitting makes the very best, most titillating of all blog fodder. Prop your eyelids up with some toothpicks and bear with me on this.........

I finally finished Anjali's blanket (I posted here about what this blanket has meant to me these past 8 months.) Towards the end, I was really struggling with my right hand going numb while knitting so it got to be s....l....o...w going at an excruciating pace (Sidenote: In general, this numbness has become a huge problem. Tweezing my eyebrows. Using a knife. Holding a pen. Holding a phone. Holding my baby. I thought it was carpal tunnel syndrome, but it appears it may be cubital tunnel syndrome instead. The cubital tunnel houses your ulner nerve - which is the whole "funny bone" thingie we all have going on our elbows. Except, it ain't so funny, let me tell you, because I may need surgery.) Anyway - I finally finished Miss Thang's blanket. I loved, loved doing this reversible cable pattern. I am not so happy with the border, but I was far too gone with it by the time I realized it was not working for me. If I could do this blanket over, I would have just done 9 panels of reversible cable portion instead of the 4 panels.

Regardless, I am quite happy with this blanket- it is a good yarn (Reynold's Signature) that is very, very durable for kids who tend to leak all varieties of bodily fluids on things. I have washed Arun's blanket over and over again with good results - in the washing machine, no less! I am debating whether to put up an official pattern for it, although I would really recommend just doing the 9 panels and seaming those together instead of using the garter stitch border.








8 comments:

meno said...

I am ever so impressed with you. It is beautiful.

Maybe i will get out that blanket i started crocheting 4 years ago.

Maybe.

Chocolate Covered Susan said...

It is beautiful! I love the cable pattern. She will get a lot of great use out of it, so I know it was well worth the many, many hours knitting it!

Christy said...

I love the stitch. Very nice.

Moderndayhermit said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your arm, that's awful!

I'm envious of your work there, it's awesome! Both the blanket and your little munchkin! Those eyes, the eyelashes and that curly hair! Be still my heart!

By the way, I'm impressed by the way you care for your daughter's hair. My sister has super-curly hair and that poor thing...as a kid...the things my Mom did to her are just wrong.

Mamma Sarah said...

Very pretty and I love those colors!

FFF said...

isn't language wonderful? I am just amazed at the things that come out of Boo Boo's mouth. To me, it all sounds good.

Anonymous said...

no way. I think I have that too. I have associated it with the weight i gained while being pregnant and then *ahem* after being pregnant...thanks for doing my research for me..now what?

Lisa said...

Beautiful blankie. You can tell it was made with lots of love. And oh my gosh your little girl is growing so fast! SHe's georgous!