- Switch out your coffee for green tea.
- Stop drinking diet soda (or Crystal Light) and drink water instead.
- Actually start drinking 64+ ounces of water a day.
- Take Omega 3s every day.
- Cut out refined sugar.
- Switch from refined carbs to whole grains.
- Start reading all labels and not using anything with high-fructose corn syrup.
- Exercise for 15-25 minutes a day.
- Start running (the 60-day Challenge will end just about the time all the summer 5Ks start). (Read's DoctorMama's post on how to start here.)
- Take up T-Tapp (read Summer's post on how to start here.)
- Eat 5+ servings of vegetables every day.
- Take the stairs every time.
- Walk/bike to work.
- Go to bed at a decent time.
I felt pretty good that I am doing several of these already -- Omega 3s, tons o' water, decent bed time, reading labels, whole grains when possible, avoiding HFCS when possible. However, I am excited to pick up some more Healthy Habits. At this point, my 3 New Healthy Habits for the 60 day challenge are going to be the following:
- Cut out all soda (I have done this for Lent already, but am going to cruise on through April with it)
- No beef (I do not eat/cook beef at home, but have been splurging way too much while eating out. The exceptions to this rule will be the occasional haleem, nihari or steak/goat cheese fajita. Which I rarely eat anyway.)
- This one I am still working on the details, but at this point, I think it will be "exercising for 30 minutes, 4 times a week". If the weather was warm, I would commit to every day because it is a No Brainer to cruise around the neighborhood with the jogger stroller. However, right now it will require careful scheduling for me to get out to a mall or the gym for exercise. For example, to take Anjali to the gym with me requires scheduling with the gym nursery because she is a non-walker and they can only take on so many babies at once.
So, whaddya think? Up for the challenge? What will be your 3 Healthy Habits? Report back by Wednesday.