May 13, 2007

If Evolution really works, why do mothers only have two hands?

This morning, I rolled out of bed and luxuriated in the shower for awhile - even shaving my legs which requires some complicated contortions these days. I meandered downstairs to some coffee that X had already made and watched Arun drink his yogurt while he snuggled in X's lap. We played with Arun for awhile, then later went for a simple lunch (soup and salad at Spin). We came back, played some more, then Arun went down for a nap. X and I relaxed a bit, watched Bill Maher before Arun got up. When he did get up, X gave him his afternoon snack, then took him to the local airport here to watch the planes come in and then they played at a park nearby. X is currently at the gym and is going to cook up a curry when he gets back.

Honestly? This is a pretty typical Sunday, nothing special. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I wanted to be a mother for a long, long time. I've never questioned it, never pondered it - I just always knew I wanted a child. It was definitely worth the wait for the right guy, the right partner. So, as much as this day was supposed to be "about me", I have to be a little thankful for the very cool guy with whom I get to share this incredible experience. It's nice to have another witness to this amazing, beautiful little boy that the universe decided we, of all people, somehow deserved.

Happy Mother's Day, to all of you! I most definitely enjoyed mine.


Surrounded by His Menagerie

8 comments:

MLE said...

Happy Mother's Day, Cagey!x

Moderndayhermit said...

:) Happy Mother's Day!

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Happy Mothers day to you Cagey and MDH!!!

Anonymous said...

Your title: so true! :-) However, it doesn't really make a very good case for intelligent design either that we only got two hands...

Happy Mother's Day!

Diana said...

Happy Mother's Day right back at you. It's actually my favorite holiday, I think.

Rozanne said...

Happy Mother's Day!

I've always been under the impression that the big Mother's Day brunch hoopla was probably more trouble than it was worth.

Anonymous said...

Happy mother's day (rather belated). Sounds like you spent the day as it ought to be spent... without the hoopla, but with all the contentment that comes with that role.

Lisa said...

Awwww. What a cool day. Sounds perfectly lovely!