May 5, 2005

What’s your favorite position?

Wow. I’ve got a bunch of nothing for you. Does that mean things aren’t going well? Absolutely not. Life is GREAT right now. I had a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday and the little Freeloader’s heartbeat was a good, strong one at well over 150 BPM. I get a sonogram at 22 weeks so we can find out if this kid is going to be wearing pink or blue because of course, I must force sexual stereotyping on my kid. It just wouldn’t be Kansan of me, otherwise – must conform to that backwards image we are working hard on over here in the Great Plains. Ha.

Anyway, not much has been going on lately. The problem is during the weekdays I am so tired by the time I get home – usually around 6:30-7:00pm – I have little energy to do anything other than eat dinner, get things ready for the next day and then crawl into bed with a good book. At least I am sleeping – I am already a Side Sleeper – how do Back Sleepers and Stomach Sleepers survive their pregnancies? One odd thing these days is that I have little patience for so many of the things I used to love to do. I used to be such a TV junkie and now I don’t have the patience for many of the shows I used to love. I don’t have the patience to sit and knit, either. All I want to do is read. Do I have some sort of pregnancy-induced ADD?

I have hesitated to post anything much lately in hopes that something exciting or blog worthy would happen. But no, I am still stuck with the most pressing issue of my life right now. Maternity clothes. I really resisted posting about this, but I’ve got nothing else for you! Alice is quickly outgrowing her freaking house over here, folks. I mean, when we were thinking of starting a family, I considered all the important stuff - like, oh, acutally giving birth, daycare vs staying home, nursing vs. bottles, etc. But I forgot about the needing AN ENTIRE NEW WARDROBE PART. I HATE clothes shopping anyway (I blame my ex-hippie of a mother) and can’t even imagine the horrors to come. So, on top of having to hunt for petite-length maternity pants fit for Big Al’s scrupulous eye, I also have to somehow find a bridesmaid’s maternity dress that has SLEEVES. Why do fashion designers assume that everyone likes strapped or strapless gowns? I need SLEEVES, people! Anyway, I will be clothes hunting in the next few days, so maybe I will have some entertaining posts to come. Entertaining at my expense, but of course.

No comments: