- I let Arun play outside in our front yard all by himself. And this has been going on since this spring. He has rules and boundaries for his outside play - if he disobeys them, he immediately has to come inside. In the past month, I have been letting Anjali play outside with him more and more. However, I recently read on a site where a mom was pummeled into a virtual-reality bloody pulp for a similar admission.
- I am very perplexed with the author Toni Morrisson. I really do NOT like her writing style, yet she weaves such compelling tales. It is like loving the work of a particular fashion designer but hating the color and fabrics that are used.
- I love watching Faux News. Yes, me. The same one who claims to be conservatively liberal on her Facebook profile. I particularly enjoy watching Bill O'Reilly since he has the mannerisms of a hardened criminal, but at least he gets good guests. I cannot watch Glenn Beck, though - that shrieking harpie screeching about the sky falling grates on my eardrums. If I were President, I would not invite him to my house, either! (on that topic, I suspect that BeelzeBush also would not have invited a "news" network actively organizing protests against him.)
- Yesterday, when I picked up some lint from the carpet with my hairy cricket legs, I realized I was most likely due for a shave. And that I probably needed to vacuum the carpet. Huh.
- I have been researching bearded dragons. Oh yes, I HAVE.
- I listen to Dr. Laura. Nearly every day. I think she is too harsh with her callers, but since most of her callers are idiots who have screwed up their lives to the extent they are compelled to ask a frocking stranger on the radio for advice, it is difficult to summon much sympathy. As such, I simply turn the volume up higher. Because I actually agree with her views on family value (save the parts that are homophobic, of course)
- Over the weekend, I tweeted the following and am duly ashamed:
What do you need to confess today?