September 9, 2009

Checking In, Checking Out

I have wanted to post. Truly. But I did not have the time nor the patience to research and carefully link to outside sources as to why I do not think this healthcare plan is right for us, why I think our President should be addressing our nations schoolchildren, and why I think that exercise actually can help a person lose weight (or at least, prevent her from losing her mind) And then, I realized, "Eh. Whatever I have to say will not convince anyone and I have other things to do."

So, instead of ranting Rancid Rants, I have been working on several DIY projects around here. They mostly involve blister-inducing steam-cleaning, grout, Kilz and light switches but fortunately, none of have been fiascoes yet. However, there are still some serious ones looming (outdoor light fixtures, repainting lawn furniture, towel rods, etc. etc. etc. etc......) At least DIY Disasters make for good blog fodder, no? In that case, let us all hope this blog goes silent. Please, I beg of you, Universe. Be gentle.

Someone commented that it seemed that Arun and Anjali get along well. And they do. Arun consistently campaigns on Anju's behalf for No Naptime because he does not want to lose his best playmate. And it is not uncommon for them to disappear for easily an hour or more to their room or to the basement where we hear very few peeps. They also have a variety of inside jokes with punchlines that make absolutely no sense to me but which make them erupt into maniacal laughter (Baby Hamlee? Shrimpy? Anyone?) They even have some secret hand signal thingie they do in their carseats. Drawing a blank here, folks. And lately, Arun's thing has been to insist that Anjali sit with him so that he can read her a book. She is more than happy to oblige.



Today, Anjali marched off to school with Arun. I was the one left teary-eye last night as I marked all of her things with a Sharpie. She, on the other hand, insisted this morning that the backpack be ON HER BACK and that she could navigate the damned stairs all by herself, thankyouverymuch.

Sigh.



Could someone please wait for me???

4 comments:

Melanie said...

love reading about the kids getting along, and my DIY project list is sounding very similar to yours.......

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Now, this is the time to bust out the word preshush.

That is so preshush!

Monkey McWearingChaps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mamma Sarah said...

OMG so how did the school thing happen!! Wow. I'm so glad that your kids like each other. Mine are in this love hate thing... and to be honest it's not really all that fun. But it is totally awesome when they do that secret "club" thing and Alex says "no mommy... alex and kenzie best friends". :-)