March 26, 2009

What's in the bag?

Handbag Thursday [hānd'bāg' thûrz'dā]
-noun
1. A Canal Street knockoff of Jodifur's Shoe Friday.
2. A lame attempt at regular blog fodder by invoking my own accessorized day o' the week.
3. A frivolous little feature that allows me to talk about handbags every week. What's not to love about that?
---------------------------------------------

Okay, we are back to some fun, frothy nonsense. This blog is not about Heavy Lifting anyway, right?

This week's bag is from the lovely Monkey. When I began Handbag Thursday, she told me about a funky bag that had been given to her as a gift. I have been pressing her to send me the snap ever since and I was excited to finally see it. Apparently, this purse is made by a company called Ecoist and they were featured in In Style at some point because Carmen Diaz has one. Monkey's purse was made with gum wrappers from Mexico. A quick perusal of the site myself and I am already in love with the Coca-Cola version. However, the Barcode version brings back vivid memories of my mindless days as a checker in a discount grocery store in Lawrence aptly called Checkers. Yum.


2 comments:

MLE said...

Having seen this handbag in person, I can attest to its awesomeness. (And I'm not even a handbag person)

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Thanks for featuring me! I have some other different purses I'll send you snaps for. Bless my sometimes-snotty sister's heart-every time she and my brother-in-law travel somewhere she brings me back a purse so I have a collection of random purses.

I also like the Coca Cola purse but it wasn't out when they bought me this one. The Barcode option is the one Carmen Diaz has, if I'm not mistaken.

I like the purse but it's so funky you're sort of limited to a jeans and white tshirt outfit or similarly plain getup when you're using it because it is so crazy looking.