February 23, 2009

I go school, too, Mama??

Today's title is brought to you courtesy of Anjali and as a Special!Bonus! it comes Preposition Free (Dude - she's only 19 months old, cut her some grammatical slack, yo.)

Yes. Oh yes, I knew this was coming. I knew it..... yet still... my heart squished a little when I had to tell her, "Oh, sweetie, not yet." She began to cry, but I quickly countered with "But, we are going to the library for singing!! and reading books!!! Do you want to go to the library with me??" Oh sure, that quelled her tears, but then, Arun declared that he, too, would like to go to the library with us. Folks, that sound you hear? That would be the muffled roar of me Not Winning.

Anyway.

Tomorrow, we are ditching Comcast in lieu of ATT U-verse. The siren call of the ability to record FOUR television programs simultaneously was simply too much for us to bear. Today, I need to make a list of the shows that we watch so that I can set them up on the new DVR tomorrow. As I am in need of lame-ish blog fodder anyway, I thought I would just list them here - feel free to mock, point or commiserate.

Please Note
, Parent Police: Our kids do NOT watch all of the kid shows - we just keep them on hand for requests. For example, they are only watching Diego and Kailan these days. Besides, I would be lying if I claimed Jack's Big Music show was for them, anyhows. Also, I realize this list includes shows not currently in season, I just keep them there year-round.

Cagey's DVR List

How I Met Your Mother
Antiques Roadshow
Chuck
New Adventures of Old Christine
The Office
30 Rock
Rules of Engagement
Ugly Betty
Dollhouse (Not totally sold on this yet, but Joss Whedon deserves a long leash, no?)
Real Housewives of New York City
Big Love
Flight of the Conchords
Amazing Race 14
Mad Men
Oprah Winfrey
PBS American Experience
House Hunters International
ER (haven't watched this for years, but added it for the whole Final Season aura it has going on)
Real Time with Bill Maher
Seinfeld
Frasier
Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Go, Diego, Go!
Ni Hao, Kai-lan (this chick is da bomb! I thought Arun's head was going to explode when he learned the Chinese word for "dinosaur")
Blue's Clues
Sesame Street (the kids do NOT like this show, but I think it is against the law to not record SESAME STREET, right?)
Jack's Big Music Show
Max & Ruby
Upside Down Show
Dora the Explorer
Showbiz Show with David Spade (is this show EVER coming back??)
True Blood
Entourage
Little Britain, USA

Good grief, we sure watch a fucking lot of television. *sigh*

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been resisting AT&T constant marketing of U-verse. Recording 4 channels would be awesome, but it won't save us any money to switch right now. Also, my husband is an excellent negotiator. He called Direct TV and told them we were thinking of going AT&T and got them to knock of $30/month for a year.

We recently got the upgrade to the HD box for our ridiculous tv (free per husband's negotiating) and I had to make a list for the DVR. It was a little embarassing in length. ;)

MLE said...

Kids not like Sesame Street? That's unpossible!

Average Jane said...

We love, love, love our U-Verse service. The HD concert channel alone makes it worthwhile.

Here's my DVR list since I'm too ashamed to put it on my own blog:
Heroes
Lost
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Two and a Half Men
The Daily Show
Burn Notice
Psych
The Ghost Whisperer
Rock of Love
Tool Academy
My Name is Earl
The Office
Dollhouse

Goofy Girl said...

And here I come, Evil Being That I Am, to suggest MORE! great!television! you! are! missing!

Electric Company (Awesome! I think I enjoy it as much, if not more than the kidlings. They have a beatbox guy - and Tiki Barber - how can you resist?)

Survivor - I'm hoping this is an oversight that it is not on your list. Last season was awesome and this season is setting to be pretty good too. Now with more twists! and surprises!

Battlestar Galactica - Okay, maybe not DVR-worthy, since you have about 3-1/2 seasons to catch up with, but you would like it.

(Evil Being's Temptation Complete...over and out)

Anonymous said...

No Rock of Love on VH1?
At the very least Taxi Cab Confessions?!?

I hope we get the UVerse service soon. Seen it. WANT it.

I'll never forget the first time we got DVR, though, and I showed my lovely wife how to use it. She set up a bunch of her favorite shows to record "All Episodes". yeah. It was filled in less than 48 hours. Good Times...

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Olivia,
Yeah, we aren't saving much - maybe 16 bucks a month. The one advantage is that we get some new cable connections thrown in for free, so that means I get to move some things around with the new connections coming in.

SD's Husband,
I think I need to add Rock of Love. I keep forgetting about it. I watched 5 minutes of it once and all the boobage really "popped out" If you know what I mean. Heh.

Regarding the DVR, I keep a constant vigilance on the recordings and the hours left. The husband is not allowed to add things. He can request, politely.

meno said...

This is all your fault for having TWO kids!

:)

Mojavi said...

i should do this too lol... loving big love right now

Mojavi said...

i should do this too lol... loving big love right now

Mojavi said...

i should do this too lol... loving big love right now

Melanie said...

I love att uverse, found it a little bit more difficult to set up the dvr (its surprisingly easy to set up to record all episodes or reruns that are running on other networks)...but once you get that sorted out, its pretty groovy.

The Gori Wife said...

I just discovered Little Britain the other day, freaking hilarious. I wasted like, two hours just combing through YouTube fragments...

Rozanne said...

I love Flight of the Conchords, although (since we don't have cable--CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?), I have only seen the first season so far.

Reeky said...

Ni Hai, Kai-Ian is on the top of my daughter's list these days.

I was a little thrown by something she was trying to say (she-at, or something like that). Then I found out it was something from that show, I think it was the translation for cat.

Of course my 9 year old son thought it was cool to be able to speak in Chinese (while cursing in English)