October 16, 2011

Lost for Words

Pink Floyd, The Division Bell 1994

On Arun's 1st birthday, I wrote this on his First Status Report:
I wanted to be a mother for a long, long time and he is everything I could have ever hoped for in a child. And more. He's so much more than I dreamed of that it takes my breath way. To have all of one's dreams and fears encapsulated in one tiny, beautiful human being is equally daunting and awe-inspiring. And I wouldn't change a thing.
And nothing has changed.

Well, that's not entirely true. This boy has progressed a bit.  We have even installed some hardware updates.


However, the software updates are all his own doing.


Overall, we are quite satisfied with our First DNA Project v6.

I am still in awe of the fact that someone in charge decided that I would get to be this boy's mother. In fact, I am still waiting for the product recall.

Happy birthday, Arun.  You are so sweet, kind, generous and thoughtful.  No worries, baby boy.  I won't tell a soul.  After all, I wouldn't want to ruin your street cred.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

6 is a pretty darn good age..... great pictures :) and happy birthday to Arun

Bethany said...

Happy birthday, Arun.

Olivia said...

Happy birthday, Arun!

Unknown said...

I know I'm late, but happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Six is a really great age. I've enjoyed Henry more this year than ever before. (I think I say that every year!)