July 16, 2009

What's in the bag?

Handbag Thursday [hānd'bāg' thûrz'dā]

1. A Canal Street knockoff of Jodifur's Shoe Friday.
2. A desperate swipe at regular blog fodder by invoking my own accessorized day o' the week.
3. A frivolous little feature that allows me to talk about handbags every week.
Long ago, I was in a Walgreens in Lawrence KS. It was raining and I was a drippy, sodden mess. I heard a voice behind me, "Are you Cagey from Rancid Raves?" It was Kenna - a reader. I don't get recognized very much in public and it never ceases to take me by surprise.

As it turns out, Kenna is a huge bag aficionado herself. Ah, a girl after my own heart. She sent me five snaps of her bags and I could not choose just one from this fun group of purses.

Thanks, Kenna!

Poppy Clementine


Betsey Johnson


BCBG MaxAzria


Swistle said...

Oooh, they're all great, but my favorite is the Marimekko.

jodifur said...

and make sure you check out shoe friday tomorrow. B/c you are up!

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Marimekko makes great fabrics-you see their stuff a lot at crate and barrel and cb2. Even Ikea, I think.

One Shoe Off said...

Those are really lovely, but the Poppy Clementine is so FUN! I'm a sucker for bright colors these days.