May 21, 2009

What's in the bag?

Handbag Thursday [hānd'bāg' thûrz'dā]
1. A Canal Street knockoff of Jodifur's Shoe Friday.
2. A lame attempt at regular blog fodder by invoking my own accessorized day o' the week.
3. A frivolous little feature that allows me to talk about handbags every week. What's not to love about that?
So awhile back, while she was in Vegas, Monkey happened across my Only If I Ever Win The Lottery Dream Bag and took a snap of it for me. Yes, this is the infamous Birkin bag by Hermès. (Fun Washington Post article: the difference between a Kelly bag and a Birkin bag.) Folks, she saw this in person - a rarity right there. Of course, I will never actually own one of these bags and given the choice (ha! I crack myself up) this Kelli would prefer a Kelly bag.

Besides, I find it hard to believe that I could ever be in a financial position to buy one, much less be in an emotional position to own one. Dude. My grandma would have a heart attack if she ever found out that I paid over $200 for one of my favorite bags, much less what it would take to own a Birkin. Eh.

A girl can dream.


stephanie said...

OMG, Monkey... how did you find this?! In person?! Wow, I am impressed.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

I was in the new hotel owned by the Wynn, Encore, being given a tour by my parents' friend and I saw it as he was taking us up to the deluxe suites. It's in a glass case in the Hermes store. I suspected it was the Birkin bag but didn't know but I made everyone stop so I could take a picture of it for Cagey. I emailed it to her when we came back from Vegas for the Handbag Thursday feature.

Mamma Sarah said...