January 9, 2009

Since KFC stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken, why the heck do they play Sweet Home Alabama in the commercials?

Last year, I set up a blog for my sister - she is a runner and goes by the online moniker of Marathon Mom (she has run a half-marathon and has a goal of running an entire one someday.) I thought she might enjoy having a space of her own to share her thoughts, maybe some of her poetry. I think she has enjoyed her little site and I am glad I set it up for her.

Today, it is her birthday. She is coming over for lunch, our grandma is coming, too and I will be serving some ziti (Average Jane's baked ziti recipe ROCKS.) I think it will be a nice day.

I remember the day she was born. I was at my grandma's house when we got the call that I had a new little sister (remember those days when you had to wait until the actual birth to find out if it was a boy or a girl??) I was so excited and enamored of her in the beginning. Sadly, over the years, I did not appreciate her and treated her like a little pest. Fortunately, my sister is the bigger person and has forgiven me for not being such a great sibling while we were growing up.

Now? She is one of my greatest inspirations. She is such a loving, caring mother, friend and wife, it is hard not to be inspired by her. She never stops growing, learning and striving to become a better person.

So today, I am just asking that you folks hop over to her place and wish her a happy birthday. At this point, it seems that this year is going to present her and her little family with some new challenges. It is nothing bad, just a new situation for them that will need to be navigated. It would be nice for her to start off her 33rd year with some good wishes.

1 comment:

CPA Mom said...

Done.

Enjoy your ZITI and your sister!!