Okay, maybe not the "sweet love" part. After all, this is not meant to be an homage to 9 1/2 Weeks.
My last food post involved cookies that took me two days to prep. This post involves a treat that takes about 2 minutes to prep. You're welcome.
Years and years ago (1999, specifically) my manager at the time brought in a treat plate from his wife. One of the treats was something called Christmas Crackers and I was completely smitten. I got the recipe from her and all these years thought I had this little gem of a treat that was totally speshual and uneek. I made this treat over the weekend and thought I was sharing the secret of my Speshul and Uneek Cheat Treat with my sister (shhh! It's a secret!) only to find out a saltines version of this is floating all over the Pinterest Universe.
So, despite my sagging balloon, I am going to share this recipe anyway -- primarily because I needed to type it out anyway since I am putting together a holiday recipe book for myself on Paper Coterie (non-sponsored, I will be paying for my recipe book my very own self.)
Seriously, this is a sweet treat even a tweaker could make without burning down the house.
Graham Cracker Christmas Crack
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
12 oz bag mini chocolate chips
15-17 graham cracker sheets(the full sheets, not broken)
1 cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Melt the butter and sugar on the stovetop. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Line jelly roll pans with aluminum foil. Lay the graham crackers as closely together as possible.
- Pour the butter/sugar mixture over the graham crackers. I use a large spatula to smooth the mixture evenly over the crackers.
- Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes. Watch closely! I like it to be bubbly and gooey (no worries, it will harden later!)
- Pull the cookie sheet out of the oven. Sprinkle the pecans first, then sprinkle the mini-chocolate chips. Again, I use the spatula to spread things around.
- Chill sheets until hardened. Then, break the crackers up and dump them into your gaping maw of a piehole. Alternately, you can staple them to your thighs, although this method results in less enjoyment.