August 15, 2006

Isn't admitting your Hypocrisy the first step?

Dear Elmo,

It seems, I owe you an apology. You see, back in my days of Armchair Parenting, I swore you would never grace our TV. I questioned your use of 3rd person and even pondered, "What, does he think he is Royal or something?" Furthermore, I have to confess that I have been referring to you as that "little red fuck" and for that, I am most regretful.

Today, I witnessed a miracle in Your Name as I watched my baby boy giggle in unadulturated glee while bouncing up and down with excitement. I have seen the Light and it is You. As such, you have been duly added to our DVR - welcome to the family. I hope you can find it in your little furry heart to forgive me my trespasses.

Sincerely,
Cagey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA!!! Welcome to the feeling I had about Barney! Kids'll do that to ya!

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Wordnerd,
I have more than a few posts coming down the pike about my hypocrisies stemming from my days of Armchair Parenting. sigh.

Goofy Girl said...

Oh no! You've gone over to the Dark (Red) Side. No...NOOOOOOOOO!

"Elmo like the Dark Side"

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Goofy Girl,
Yep. I don't know how I thought I was going to have him watch Sesame Street (which I love) and somehow avoid the Red Great One. What was I thinking?

FFF said...

I am not an Elmo fan. But my son loves this How Big is Baby Elmo? book he got as a gift and will listen to me read it over and over again. He lights up and turns the pages and bounces with glee. How can I deny him the Red Great One?

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Have you read the Sweet Juniper post about how their daughter chants "Elmo" over and over again even though they've gone out of their way to never expose her to him? It's hysterical.

http://www.sweetjuniper.blogspot.com/

On 8/8/2006