June 4, 2009

What's in the bag?

Handbag Thursday [hānd'bāg' thûrz'dā]
-noun
1. A Canal Street knockoff of Jodifur's Shoe Friday.
2. A lame attempt at regular blog fodder by invoking my own accessorized day o' the week.
3. A frivolous little feature that allows me to talk about handbags every week. What's not to love about that?
---------------------------------------------
Last week, I put the call out for more handbags and sent out emails to my friends address book.* I pleaded for someone to send me something lest I am forced to pull my pretender to the Kate Spade throne from the hall closet and glue the damned label back on.

Fortunately, Jenny, The Bloggess replied with a link and said, "This is STILL my purse. *sigh*"

I replied how impressed I was that she has been carrying the same purse for over a year.

On second thought, who would not love to carry a Dolce & Gabbana handbag that came stuffed with Pakistani newspapers? And as a special bonus in that post celebrating her D&G purchase, she explains Technorati as only the Bloggess can.

Thanks, Jenny!



*Hey, you? In the back? Yes, you. You can also send in handbag submissions. No. Seriously.

3 comments:

SLynnRo said...

I have so many purses. I could fill your submission queue.

CPA Mom said...

but I'm not a handbag person! I could care less about handbags!! :-) xoxo

zoot said...

I am not a handbag person either - BUT - I'm obsessed with bags. And I just got a new one this week I'm using as a purse (really more of a camera bag) and I even took pictures but my internet was down last night! URG. Just wait though...it's coming!